Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hermanp View Post
    My bucko is made in us from all foreign components. on the rod it is labelled
    The Bucoo rods were made here in the states until a couple of years ago. The newer Bucoo SR with the light gray foam handles is made across the pond now as well as the Lowrider. Those older Bucoo rods were awesome for the price.

i got the new lowrider in friday and tested her out today. it is a very well made and great feeling rod i will be ordering more soon
    1998 202 champion
    ph customs
    Denali Rods
    AFTCO

3. Member
    I want to pick up an Amistad model. I've been trying to figure out if I should go 2019 or get the Lowrider 20 on clearance. If the newer version is the same except for color with updated guides, 2019 might be the one to get for $26 bucks more.

4. Member
    I was in Ark-Rod today where they make the Falcon USA models, the woman said that the Jason Christie and Cara are the only US made models and the Cara is scheduled to go overseas soon. She showed me a JC signature spinning rod that's a 6' Light that is discontinued but they are still producing it for their tackle store next door because it is according to her a great crappie/creek wading rod and is very popular here.

I have older falcons all made in the usa. I checked out the full lineup yesterday at a tackle store and some said assembled in the usa from foreign components and some said made in china. They felt and bent just fine- if i was in the market for rods in that price range i wouldnt hesitate to try some. Ive always been a falcon fan.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    I have older falcons all made in the usa. I checked out the full lineup yesterday at a tackle store and some said assembled in the usa from foreign components and some said made in china. They felt and bent just fine- if i was in the market for rods in that price range i wouldnt hesitate to try some. Ive always been a falcon fan.
    Every rod in my boat is Falcon Cara with the exception of two old school Lowriders, a Lowriderer 20 spinning, and my first Falcon that's an Original. Other than that there are two G.Lommis NRX and one Hammer (made in the same place as the Cara here in Harrison AR). Falcon never gets the publicity that most brands do but I don't think anyone that has or has had one will say one negative word about them and it seems that your Falcon users are fairly silent. With that said the fact that they were USA rods gave them a niche. Now that that's gone it's not the same for me buy one. Rock Springs Tackle here in Harrison is next door to Ark Rod who makes/made Falcon and they have a decent selection of Caras and LR 20's that they made but soon that will end. After buying these two NRX rods I've been looking at GL but with the price difference I may try to grab as many US Caras off the shelf from the place that makes them as I can.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cestratton View Post
    Every rod in my boat is Falcon Cara with the exception of two old school Lowriders, a Lowriderer 20 spinning, and my first Falcon that's an Original. Other than that there are two G.Lommis NRX and one Hammer (made in the same place as the Cara here in Harrison AR). Falcon never gets the publicity that most brands do but I don't think anyone that has or has had one will say one negative word about them and it seems that your Falcon users are fairly silent. With that said the fact that they were USA rods gave them a niche. Now that that's gone it's not the same for me buy one. Rock Springs Tackle here in Harrison is next door to Ark Rod who makes/made Falcon and they have a decent selection of Caras and LR 20's that they made but soon that will end. After buying these two NRX rods I've been looking at GL but with the price difference I may try to grab as many US Caras off the shelf from the place that makes them as I can.
    Sounds like a good idea to get as many Cara's that are made here in country. Really hate to hear Cara line is going overseas also

8. Member
    Picked up a Cara Reaction Swim Jig from the tackle store next to the rod factory where they are made. They have a few Caras left and have an order in for one more batch which will be their last US made inventory (they make them but have to order inventory from Falcon). They have a lot of Lowrider 20 in stock, I plan on getting a Cara Head Turner Micro and a Lowriderer 20 deep cranker before they are gone and replaced with Chinese models.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12