Live well help please

1994 P2. Thinking about redoing my live wells and getting rid of all the pvc. I have found while replacing an aerator pump the pvc is very brittle. I already need to replace a couple of pieces so I may try to redo it all. Also are there any options other than the pvc? I thought I saw a post somewhere showing a guy using some sort of flexible tubing. Also where can I find a diagram for the live well system for my year model boat?

Any my help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
    Last edited by mpdlou; 01-07-2019 at 06:41 PM.

2. Bobby8
    Hi Brian, why not just redo it with PVC? That is what I did on om 97 PII. The PVC lasted your PII for 24 years....

3. Member
    Thats the direction I’m leaning. I see I didn’t ask the question I needed. Lol. I added it to the original post. I was looking for options other than pvc.

I wonder if you can use Pex.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

5. Member
    99 Cougar
    I took all that spray bar stuff out. Plug the holes with rubber stoppers and RTV.
    Drilled 2 new holes at top and installed 90 deg.TH Marine Aerator Spray heads.
    Academy Sports
    Last edited by DR. DROP; 01-07-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Guys, we spent a lot of time and research involving the dissolved oxygen content In a Bass Cat well. You can not replace the system with spray heads and improve the micro bubble that expel ammonia and the recirculating that brings dead water to the top.

We strongly urge you to refurbish the existing system and not replace it with something else. While we realize you think you improved it, oxygen meters don’t lie about the results.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info. I’m going to go ahead and and just replace what’s damaged and go from there.

8. Member
    I did mine on my 94 PII last year. Made a diagram and duplicated what factory did. Not too difficult...

9. Member
    Thank ya much.