Origional oz Carpet

Hi Cobra Family. I am getting ready to install new carpet in my 2001 201 coosa. I think the origional weight carpet was 20oz but I was wanting to confirm before I order. I wanted it to be the same stuff so my lockers and such close good. Thanks

I'm pretty sure original was 20 0z, I was about to do my 99 201 before it got smacked in a road accident last fall. Just bought a 2000 201D ...and carpet is in great shape so don't need to do it anymore..yay!
    Anyway, when I was looking, these guys,www.boatcarpetbuys.com, seemed to be the cheapest. I even had free samples sent and it appeared to be good quality, but you can check that out for yourself.
    There is no sale right now but they usually have sales like every 2 weeks...lol. So just wait a bit and save some moola.
    Good Luck
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hookahawg View Post
    I'm pretty sure original was 20 0z, I was about to do my 99 201 before it got smacked in a road accident last fall. Just bought a 2000 201D ...and carpet is in great shape so don't need to do it anymore..yay!
    Anyway, when I was looking, these guys,www.boatcarpetbuys.com, seemed to be the cheapest. I even had free samples sent and it appeared to be good quality, but you can check that out for yourself.
    There is no sale right now but they usually have sales like every 2 weeks...lol. So just wait a bit and save some moola.
    Good Luck
    What he said, 20oz was the factory carpet.

Cheers,

George

If you'll search carpet in the forum you'll see where several owners installed either 20 oz. or 24 oz.
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D

5. Member
    Thanks guys!

6. Member
    Watch out for 24oz, your lids will be tough to open!

Cheers,

George

Quote Originally Posted by Gungle George View Post
    Watch out for 24oz, your lids will be tough to open!

Cheers,

George
    Ya...what he said....lol
    2000 VIPER COBRA 201D /225 Merc EFI SER: 0T054298
    Where does the white go when the snow melts?

I recarpeted my 201, did the job myself and used 20oz carpet. Not sure if different manufacturers use different parameters for their weight, but I don't think it is as heavy aas the original. I would go with 24 oz and if needed trim the sides of the lids a little if they are too hard to open. The extra density of the 24 oz carpet will just hold up better in the long run, and as long as you are doing it, might as well do it where you enjoy it for a longer period.

24oz syntec will not be too tight.