FWC meeting about Lake Istopoga

There will be a FWC meeting on 1-10 from 5:30 till 8:30 at the Bert Harris Jr. AG. center Aud. 4509 George blvd. in Sebring. Supposed to talk about lake projects.

Istopoga Aquatic Habitat Marine Plan. Call Dr. Chesley Crandall 813-690-2664

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    There will be a FWC meeting on 1-10 from 5:30 till 8:30 at the Bert Harris Jr. AG. center Aud. 4509 George blvd. in Sebring. Supposed to talk about lake projects.

Istopoga Aquatic Habitat Marine Plan. Call Dr. Chesley Crandall 813-690-2664
    Thank You, I just shared it on Save Lake Istokpoga facebook page
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

There is going to be two meetings

Highlands County Lake Istokpoga Management Committee (LIMC) meeting –scheduled for Friday, January 11 beginning at 9 AM. Location: Bert J. Harris Agricultural Center, 4509 George Blvd, Sebring, FL 33875

University of Florida Habitat Management Plan Public Meeting – registration begins at 5:30; meeting starts at 6 PM and is expected to run until 8:30 PM, January 10, 2019. Location: Bert J. Harris Agricultural Center Conference Room, 4509 George Blvd, Sebring, FL 33875

Just came from the meeting

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
    Care to elaborate?

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hez View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    +1
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post

Beautiful soliloquy.. It was between this and "War & Peace" glad, I chose this...

U of F Hope to have a plan for the lake by the end of the year. What a joke they were out there today spraying.

10. Member
    Was the meeting to confirm they have finally killed the lake ��

11. Member
    From what I reading Our New Governor is all on board with cleaning up the state's waterways. Already requesting resignations and removing others from Water Managements Teams and the FWC.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    From what I reading Our New Governor is all on board with cleaning up the state's waterways. Already requesting resignations and removing others from Water Managements Teams and the FWC.
    From what I am hearing he is getting rid of all of the people that are spraying. When you say cleaning up do you mean you have heard he wants to kill all of the vegetation? I am kind of hearing the opposite. Wanting to winter down there in a few years but all this crap really concerns me. Without the fishing I can handle the cold weather and stay up here

13. Member
    Well, If you have not been down here in a couple of years you won't believe the destruction of the habitat by the FWC and their contractors.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblerman65 View Post
    Well, If you have not been down here in a couple of years you won't believe the destruction of the habitat by the FWC and their contractors.
    I was down there last February and to me it wasn’t too bad not like what they are talking about now.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 210ELITE_250SHO View Post
    From what I am hearing he is getting rid of all of the people that are spraying. When you say cleaning up do you mean you have heard he wants to kill all of the vegetation? I am kind of hearing the opposite. Wanting to winter down there in a few years but all this crap really concerns me. Without the fishing I can handle the cold weather and stay up here
    Your funny, LOL.

What I mean is that he is sticking to his campaign promises cleaning up the mess that previous admin left happen. Why would he want to kill all the vegetation?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye1 View Post
    Your funny, LOL.

What I mean is that he is sticking to his campaign promises cleaning up the mess that previous admin left happen. Why would he want to kill all the vegetation?
    I wasn’t sure what you meant. Why did your previous governor want to kill it? Hell these days who know what the government will do. Never understood why they were wiping it out to begin with. Just glad your new governor is taking a stand.

17. Member
    As noted, the new governor is making changes. But it's early, let's wait to see if they are real.
    I'm good with giving him the benefit of the doubt. And it would be hard to be any worse.

18. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I sincerely hope Gov Desantis is going to clean house at FWC and get some people with experience with the outdoors in the positions of power. No more spending the money for poison just because the $ is there!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 210ELITE_250SHO View Post
    I wasn’t sure what you meant. Why did your previous governor want to kill it? Hell these days who know what the government will do. Never understood why they were wiping it out to begin with. Just glad your new governor is taking a stand.
    Who knows, but he sure did bank lots of money while he was there.

https://www.flgov.com/email-the-gove...4lbtbbsn5cp770
    email the governor only takes 5 min. can't hurt I copied this link from an earlier thread hope it works