spirit bass boats?

Hey all,

I found a guy selling a Spirit Bass boat thats a 91 model year cheap. Its got a 91 Yammy pro 150 on it thats worth more than the price hes asking. Has anyone heard of this company? Ive googled for the last hour and basically nothing shows up. Its a dual console that looks like an 18 footer thats a skeeter/cajun mixbreed. Hull looks to be in decent shape. If youve heard of them or have any info at all, feel free to drop it below.

Thanks again!

Bryan

2. Member
    it was a skeeter starfire hull they popped an changed the transom lite weight ran ok think they were built in la the one i had went back to the factory for repairs to the hull.

3. Member
    I remember seeing those boats around here in the early nineties. They reminded me of the Winner boats I owned during the eighties. Seemed OK, not a Ranger but a decent bass boat for tournament fishing.

Disregard, I was thing Sprint boats.

4. Member
    I believe there is a forum for this Manufacter there where all the other boat manufacturers forums are. You may ask there. Probably find out alot more.
    Dustin Davis
    Fish the days no one else wants to!!

2009 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha 4stroke
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    HDS Gen3 12/HDS Carbon 9

5. Member
    Be sure to get under the boat and check the keel for cracks from front to back.

6. Member
    Ran a 91 model single console Sprint 286 Pro Tournament (18'6" length) with a Johnson GT 150 for 11 years. It was the first bass boat I owned. Decent boat, but not near the boat that the 2 Champions (190 and currently 202) I have owned.

7. Member
    Spirits were good boats- light and could run when propped right. My Pop’s almost bought one back in the late ‘80’s. It was a left over from the previous year but apparently the dealer didn’t want to part with it. Check the floor and transom real good. If it checks out and the price is right, go for it.

8. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Had an 18' single console 82 or 84 I think, was a good boat as I'm sure you have noticed most people assume Sprint instead of Spirit. They were a small volume company in La. or Ms.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

9. Banned
    My best friend and long time team tournament partner had one in the early 90's. Very light and fast. He didn't have any problems with it.