Thread: Bandits$$

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bandits$$

After seeing the one on the auction site...
    I believe that one is a little telling. Like alot of other discontinued lures, it's all about color and rarity. The one in the link is most likely a pre-Pradco but you can tell it's a China made version. Based on the bid count I assume some folks are already making there collection.

Your thoughts? What do you think will be sought after?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandit-200-...8&LH_Auction=1

2. Member
    Well that's interesting. I passed on one just like that at a flea market the other day.

I've got a decent number of the pre pradco bandits sat back. As with all of these cranks, I figured craw colors would grow in value. I also figure colors like mistake will see a value increase in the long run. Other than that, who knows. The bandits have the colors to get the interest of collectors, as well as the fishing interest. With pradco coming in and ruining the bait, there are a lot of similarities between the bandit issue and the pre rapala wiggle warts. Who knows, it'll be interesting to watch in the future

3. Scraps
    Clearly doesn't know what the #$%@ he's doing. There are a lot fo over priced Bandits on eBay right now. Curious if they sell cuzz I have a few.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    IME-I'm like krindgen. Only thing I can guess if they do know what they are doing is that it is a HTF color, or possibly they both caught their biggest bass ever on it and this is the only one they both can find and are willing to let their egos get the best of them on this auction. Dang...wish it were mine they were bidding on...lol!

As an aside, I find it funny and disgusting all at the same time that when something like this happens, I start seeing people show up on other sites (that have never posted there before) I frequent wanting to buy the latest and greatest lure they think they can make a dollar on. I wonder who bought all of Phillip Lovett's Bandits when he sold out his stuff. If this trend keeps up they might have bought a baby gold mine.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by preacher ed View Post
    I wonder who bought all of Phillip Lovett's Bandits when he sold out his stuff. If this trend keeps up they might have bought a baby gold mine.
    I was also curious about that

6. Member
    Another one just like this sold for $62 and change on January 5. It looks like it was the same 3 bidders that bid it up. There was also another one that sold as a buy it now for $39.99. These guys want them for some reason.

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    Another one just like this sold for $62 and change on January 5. It looks like it was the same 3 bidders that bid it up. There was also another one that sold as a buy it now for $39.99. These guys want them for some reason.
    Or the guys know each other and they're trying to drive the prices up.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Or the guys know each other and they're trying to drive the prices up.
    That's possible too.

Also, all 3 of the baits that sold were from different sellers.

9. Member
    Well one thing I noticed is that this was one of the matte colors and just a side note that most of the ones that are hitting some marks are ones that Pradco dropped the color on when they took over. I just thought it was interesting that a china version was getting some attention.

10. Member
    Just looked back and current bid is not $60 with 3 days remaining. Just hard for me to believe or figure out. I'm not really collecting bandits for resale. I do have some interest in getting a few more of the older ones for my personal use. But if these prices keep climbing I'll have to find something else. Has anyone used any of the "new" "old school" ones they are advertising? I haven't seen them in person yet but supposedly they are bring them back with mustads and even the fill line below the bill will look like the originals.

11. Member
    I also find it very interesting that a china brings that kind of money. Good observation on the colors though.

I haven't heard about the new old school ones. It may make it tough to tell the difference between new and old out of package which could be annoying.

12. Member

13. Member
    I was also curious about that
    ''

Darren-I looked tonight and Phillip still has some for sale on eBay.

14. Member
    ''

What ID does he sell under on ebay?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Netweid1 View Post
    That's interesting. I still don't think people will accept them as the old ones, but it'll be interesting to see.

16. Member
    ''

Wow, I guess he did just piece out the lot he bought. That was a lot of baits

17. Member
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandit-200-...75.c100623.m-1

Seller put up another one, not surprisingly

18. Member
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bandit-200-...75.c100623.m-1

Seller put up another one, not surprisingly
    9 bids on that one already now at $28. It really looks like only a few folks that are willing to pay for certain colors. It does look like it's impacting the going rate for normal baits though. I noticed that some of the dedicated lure sell groups on marketplace are getting upwards of $12 for a common older lure in the box. There is a pre pradco bandit group on Marketplace that I've been watching some.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Netweid1 View Post
    9 bids on that one already now at $28. It really looks like only a few folks that are willing to pay for certain colors. It does look like it's impacting the going rate for normal baits though. I noticed that some of the dedicated lure sell groups on marketplace are getting upwards of $12 for a common older lure in the box. There is a pre pradco bandit group on Marketplace that I've been watching some.
    I haven’t checked it out lately but that’s not surprising. I wonder if this is just going to be a fad or if prices will hold

20. Member
    Here's another one that'll probably get interesting

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Bandit-Cr...frcectupt=true

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast