Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phisherman View Post
    I am not saying its not hard to understand, I just don't understand the train of thought. You want to know how the boat changes when it comes to floating, mark with tape, take batteries out, measure change.

LOL - It really is that simple.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Lithiums offer performance advantages in several different ways. And not all lithiums are the same. Do your homework, buy from a reputable company and you'll be fine.
    Ive ran lithiums for about five years, I recently had a falling out with the company I was working with. I installed group 31 AGM's in my 2019 Lynx and couldn't stand it. I could not only tell the difference in performance of the boat but in the trolling motor as well.
    Team AnglerHub

3. Member
    Fishinok are you going back to lithium's?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

Quote Originally Posted by jusmangrum View Post
    Fishinok are you going back to lithium's?
    yes, Lithium Pro's. 12V starting batteries and 36V TM batteries. I absolutely love the new charging system that charges the 36V batts while the big motor is running. So far my volt meter on the bow hasn't dropped below 40 volts
    Team AnglerHub

5. Member
    You running the new 4 stroke merc on your lynx this year?
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

yes Sir
    Team AnglerHub

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishinok View Post
    yes, Lithium Pro's. 12V starting batteries and 36V TM batteries. I absolutely love the new charging system that charges the 36V batts while the big motor is running. So far my volt meter on the bow hasn't dropped below 40 volts
    Running this system on my Lynx as well. Love it. No problems at all.
    2018 BassCat Lynx
    Mercury 300R

Beautiful Grand Lake
    Grove Oklahoma

8. Member
    Hello Fishinok, did you go with the two 30ah or the two 40ah system. Just curious, I talked to Lithia Pros today.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanker4lyfe View Post
    Many folks fail to realize the extreme risks running Lithiums. I just don't see any real neccessary gain vs. Risk in todays boats especially a basscat with it's already phenomenal performance. They are an extremely volatile battery and when they fail it will almost be guaranteed to destroy your entire boat. I would never run one unless they design an auto halon system in the bilge area. I've been messing with Lithiums for over 10years and they are just to risky even when handled with care and charged properly with the best equipment available.
    I don't run them for this reason. I know of two boats that completely burned to the ground and both had lithiums. Heck, I don't even like parking next to a boat with lithiums in them ha.

10. Member
    I'd like to know what brand batteries and when these fires occurred. I think some of the early adopters of Lithium batteries may of had some confusion about how to charge the batteries. The first batteries to come out were 36v and 24v batteries. People were not using good chargers on these batteries. Most were using portable chargers with the clips. I think this is where Chris Lane had an issue. The new systems, specifically with the 12v batteries that can be configured in a simple traditional way with the good chargers seem safe to me. I've had a RELiON setup for 5 years now and just transferred them to a Lynx. I have (3) 80ah 12V batteries and (1) 100ah 12V cranking battery charged by a Minn Kota 460PC on the AGM setting. No issues yet and hopefully none in the future. If I'm wrong about the 12v set up being safe I'd like to here specifics.... not hearsay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick McFaul View Post
    I'd like to know what brand batteries and when these fires occurred. I think some of the early adopters of Lithium batteries may of had some confusion about how to charge the batteries. The first batteries to come out were 36v and 24v batteries. People were not using good chargers on these batteries. Most were using portable chargers with the clips. I think this is where Chris Lane had an issue. The new systems, specifically with the 12v batteries that can be configured in a simple traditional way with the good chargers seem safe to me. I've had a RELiON setup for 5 years now and just transferred them to a Lynx. I have (3) 80ah 12V batteries and (1) 100ah 12V cranking battery charged by a Minn Kota 460PC on the AGM setting. No issues yet and hopefully none in the future. If I'm wrong about the 12v set up being safe I'd like to here specifics.... not hearsay.
    I agree. Too much rumor/hearsay and not enough proof. I could just as easily say " I know of two boats that completely burned to the ground and both had full gas tanks." Copy of the Fire investigation report is a start. My brother has been using his lithium batteries in his 2013 and now in his 2016 Puma FTD with zero issue. If one is willing to run lithium then obviously they need to have done extensive research, imho.

Gentlemen,

BCB has been plain in its position on lithium and feels AGM is good. There are many steps in battery development and those are coming in time. Lithium is just a step along the way.

13. Member
    Stay away from K2 lithiums. I am running them and was told they had a 3 year warranty when I bought them. Now that I am having an issue with one of them (just over a year old) they are telling me that “management” did not approve the 3 year warranty they were publicizing and I am on my own. Shame on me for not getting something in writing on the warranty.

14. Member
    I believe Lithium's are the future, but they are not quite there yet in the Marine industry.
    Seems there isn't standardization as to how they are made and charged between manufacturers.
    Next will be affordability and reliability / safety vs AMG's. At this time price / reliability isn't even close.
    I could buy and AMG from Wal-Mart every year and be ahead on affordability vs the Lithium's.
    Once the Lithium's have become a proven product for marine use and is priced appropriately, I will have them in my rig.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

15. Member
    I'll invest in the future when the pricing comes under control. $3800 for a battery set up is a bit over my price capabilities (aka fishing fund would be drained!!)

16. Member
    I’m still waiting for someone with a BassCat to share some statistics with and without lithium batteries. I had them in my V-20 and it was a night and day difference in the hole shot. Didn’t seem to affect top speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    I’m still waiting for someone with a BassCat to share some statistics with and without lithium batteries. I had them in my V-20 and it was a night and day difference in the hole shot. Didn’t seem to affect top speed.
    Here's a guy running Lithiums in a Cougar - not sureif he's on this board but might answer questions re before/after via the BCOB...

https://basscat.com/forum/groups/bas...ftd-250-proxs/

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishwilb View Post
    I'll invest in the future when the pricing comes under control. $3800 for a battery set up is a bit over my price capabilities (aka fishing fund would be drained!!)

Dont know now where you got that price. I would assume lithium pro’s but Relion is a very reputable lithium battery company and it’s not 3800 for a setup. I have a 36 volt trolling motor and bought relions for just my trolling motor setup and was under 1700 dollars for 3 batterys. The cranking battery you can get for a little over a thousand. Call around. There are some good ones out there that aren’t as expensive as you may think. I understand that for some people that anything over 100 dollars a battery is expensive. I’ve been there, but if you can afford it in my mind is worth the investment. I have gotten the same results as everyone else. Holeshot is night and day difference and top end maybe 1 mph but I’ve done zero setup after I install. Also night and day difference in power of the trolling motor over the course of a day.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

19. Member
    Because $3800 was the prce quoted to me from a vendor. Thanks for pointing out my pricing concerns

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishwilb View Post
    Because $3800 was the prce quoted to me from a vendor. Thanks for pointing out my pricing concerns
    You may also have to upgrade your charger, or, re-programme it depending on brand.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast