Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Buster 502 is correct. A tunnel hull Shadow can hurt you. Had one in the shop not to long ago that came from around Palatka I think. The guy that owned got HURT . I told the new owner to be very carfull in this boat and take it easy. thank GOD the engine blew up a short time later. Boat was over powered, dangerous. Guy sold the boat.

2. Member
    Definitely looks like a shadow. Agree with everyone else about them being dangerous. Guy here in South Carolina named Sam Dodgens had one that came apart in the middle doing about 75. He survived but barely, crippled him. He got a bunch of money out of them but it really messed him up. Stay away from those things.

3. Member
    Somewhere Within the Southeastern Conference
    I use to be around Shadows alot as a child, as they were built in my hometown, and for a while were the boat to have. As stated previously, the tunnel hull, especially the later models, are dangerous as a cocked gun. The issue poined out by Brownmaniac regarding the boat breaking in the middle did the boat in. They used a chopper gun to build them and in the name of weight and/or cost savings, the later models began having all kinds of structural issues. My friends dad had several custom built and the last one he had, he ended up selling it and the guy ended up folding it in half out on the lake. The boat you are posting is definitely NOT a Shadow if its a 1994 model, as the cockpit and interior top cap characteristics are not right. The boat was originally built just across the line Tennessee and there are probably some splash hulls out there made by other builders. After the company folded in the mid-90s, Glassport Boats (also made in the same town) built them under the Glassport name and they eventually folded as well. I think for a while after that, someone in Tennessee began making them again for a time in small numbers.

Could be a swift. Would need a side pic for more detail.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

5. Member
    Man we’re all over the map trying to figure out what this piece of fiberglass really is. The only other boat I think it may be is a Gemini 179. Gemini was made in Somerset,Ky. In the late 80,s to early 90,s . Hope somebody can figure this out. Like I alway say patienca is NOT having enough sence to give up.

6. Member
    Its a Phantom Panther that's almost a jaguar. Lol

7. Member
    Think you’re on to something.��

8. Banned
    The ad says it's a 22 foot boat... None of those boats mentioned made a 22 footer... Dan

follow this link and make a phone call

10. Member
    I owned two of them and it is a 21 foot Shadow. Interior has been very modified. Last I knew they were made under the name Nu-Legend in Corbin KY

11. mikesxpress

12. Member
    Knew somebody would come up with the answer, good work Express. I remember boats being made in Corbin,Ky.

13. mikesxpress
    Most of the folks on here were not even born when we bought these new.

14. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    And the mystery is solved!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

15. Member
    I thought about the age thing but didn’t want to make anbody mad. Have to be 65+ to know or remember alot of boats. I have worked on every thing from A to Z and still don’t know or remember them.

16. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    And the mystery is solved!
    Don't think it is solved yet. If it is a Shadow it would have to be a splash as the MFG's ID is BIE.

17. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    It's a Poop....

Poop, I say!

Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Bass View Post
    It's a Poop....

Poop, I say!

A boat should float. My poop sinks.

19. TJNYSNP
    c

20. Member
    shadow or some version of. about 1990.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast