Fury on Pantera Classic

Have an 05 Pantera Classic with a 05 200 EFI. Have a 24 fury and at wot turning 5900-6000 rpm and only reaching 65-67 mph. I’m ok with the numbers, but the boat just seems like it’s running flat in the bow. Would I get more bow lift with a tempest?

05 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    05 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5

I have a 2010 Pantera II with a 200 Pro XS and it came with a Fury 3 26p, which was a little much. I tried my Tempest 25p from my old boat and definitely got more bow lift, but hole shot wasn't as good and top end was only okay. I'm running a 25p Fury 3 now and that has been the best so far, but I probably don't need the same bow lift as you do in your Classic?

I'm heading out to a higher elevation lake tomorrow, around 1000' and will be trying out a Fury 4 24p. This thing has 8 vent holes in it so I'm not sure if I should plug any or not...we'll see how it does with none in there and then I'll go from there. I figure i want to get the right prop and then start messing with the jack plate...

I would try and get a 25p Tempest to see how it does, but would also suggest trying a 4 blade as well...maybe a Trophy?

Good luck!
    Rob Ridge
    www.folsombassteam.com
    2018 Nitro Z19 Pro, 200 Mercury Pro XS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater All Day View Post
    I have a 2010 Pantera II with a 200 Pro XS and it came with a Fury 3 26p, which was a little much. I tried my Tempest 25p from my old boat and definitely got more bow lift, but hole shot wasn't as good and top end was only okay. I'm running a 25p Fury 3 now and that has been the best so far, but I probably don't need the same bow lift as you do in your Classic?

I'm heading out to a higher elevation lake tomorrow, around 1000' and will be trying out a Fury 4 24p. This thing has 8 vent holes in it so I'm not sure if I should plug any or not...we'll see how it does with none in there and then I'll go from there. I figure i want to get the right prop and then start messing with the jack plate...

I would try and get a 25p Tempest to see how it does, but would also suggest trying a 4 blade as well...maybe a Trophy?

Good luck!
    Good luck! I did try a 25 tempest and it was ok. What speeds are you seeing with your 25 fury?

05 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5

4. Member
    I ran a Fury 3 blade 26 pitch prop on my 08 Pantera classic with a 200 opti. No pvs plugs. You have to run the fury lower then a Tempest. If I remember correctly it was 1/4"-1/2" lower on the plate between the two props. The Fury was faster and hole shot and loading was fantastic!!

5. Member
    Of course you didn't say if you have a 2.5 ltr block or a 3.0 ltr ? That would change the out come of your bottom end power to plane and load.

Just saw you have a 2.5 so not sure where you would be at in regards to time to plane with 26 fury. Fully vented like I ran one would probably be still good.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Of course you didn't say if you have a 2.5 ltr block or a 3.0 ltr ? That would change the out come of your bottom end power to plane and load.

Just saw you have a 2.5 so not sure where you would be at in regards to time to plane with 26 fury. Fully vented like I ran one would probably be still good.
    its in my sig. 2.5

05 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5

7. Member
    My sis has a 01 Classic, 2.5 200. She has tried a few props on it. It came w a 25 trophy that looks pretty tired. Ran 67 w 2 people in cool weather. She tried one of my worked 25 tempests, went 70ish, but at 6100 rpm. Then tried my worked 24 tempest, 70 ish at 6200 and still climbing in rpm. She also tried my stock 26 tempest. 72 at 5950. She has a 26 Fury on it right now. It was supposed to be a 25, but is a 26. Ran 69 w 2 people all last summer. Idk what it runs in cool weather.

The best prop for her is the 26 tempest. I keep telling her that needs to buy one and have it worked.