Thread: Jaguar

Question Jaguar

Anybody know when the new remodeled jag is going to be unveiled or when we can see it?

The new deck assembly is nearing completion and they have the hull templated for the pop in size. The internal boxes and more are next and that won’t be long. Best guess is the Bassmasters Classic we hope for a place most can see one in person.

As with any project it is running behind and they didn’t want the consumers to be hung in the previous design regretting they hadn’t waited. That’s why Production was ceased on the Jaguar.

3. Member
    Thank you Basscat Boats I'm patiently awaiting the unveiling of this new revised version before I make up my mind but I'm pretty sure my last boat will be either a lynx or a jaguar providing there is ample leg room as I'm very tall and my knees hit the dash at the 2017 classic when I sat in both models I'm hoping for a slight change in seating or legroom. my current Ranger Z521C has plenty of room but I'm leaning towards a cat as I have always wanted one.

4. Member
    Hi Bass Cat,

Any chance in the future of a Intracoastal edition Jaguar (or any other model)?

Thanks, Todd
    Last edited by toddmote; 01-06-2019 at 07:17 AM.

That market is large enough for us to build a niche model, though doubtful it would be a lower volume production Jaguar. Many companies have tried to venture into that segment. Almost all of those older companies did something in that salt water type arena and tested the water.

It has proven too small a market for the larger companies to offer successful models in. There is a lot of discussion for a EVA Foam floor or tread deck, and little traction on sales. They simply don’t sell in the market and several brands have tried those models over time. The fear is, If we did get traction then competition would drive another company to compete and then the volumes would be shared. Thus making the volume too small to justify.

If they do build one it wont be for a few years, when we have more production capacity, and then it won’t be a larger model as they would be seeking enough volume.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    That market is large enough for us to build a niche model, though doubtful it would be a lower volume production Jaguar. Many companies have tried to venture into that segment. Almost all of those older companies did something in that salt water type arena and tested the water.

It has proven too small a market for the larger companies to offer successful models in. There is a lot of discussion for a EVA Foam floor or tread deck, and little traction on sales. They simply don’t sell in the market and several brands have tried those models over time. The fear is, If we did get traction then competition would drive another company to compete and then the volumes would be shared. Thus making the volume too small to justify.

If they do build one it wont be for a few years, when we have more production capacity, and then it won’t be a larger model as they would be seeking enough volume.
    If you ever do build on I will be first in line. I love my Puma, but I drove 2 1/2 each way yesterday for my tournament. The salt water flats are 5 minutes from my house.

Closest fresh water in an hour.

I love bass fishing, but would love to be able to get out for a short trip for Reds & Trout (or just a boat ride) every once in a while.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Not trying to be a smartass - but is a saltwater model just no carpet (seadek), and saltwater trolling motor? If so, just have one built without carpet, and a riptide. I am sure the top deck fit and finish from Bass Cat would be fine. Just add the seadek flooring.

Quote Originally Posted by Danible70 View Post
    Not trying to be a smartass - but is a saltwater model just no carpet (seadek), and saltwater trolling motor? If so, just have one built without carpet, and a riptide. I am sure the top deck fit and finish from Bass Cat would be fine. Just add the seadek flooring.
    you also need an aluminum trailer and tinned wiring.
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

9. Member
    Thanks Bass Cat for the response. Like Bill2e, I primarily Bass fish but I love to go chase after Specs & Reds occasionally and unfortunately just don’t have room for another boat. I have often contemplated converting my 2008 Triton 20xhp but when I add up my list it starts getting out of hand quick!

-replace carpet with sea deck or something similar
    -take carpet out of rod boxes and do some type of spray in product with sea deck in the bottom of the port locker
    -retro fit starboard rod box with a drain so that it could double as a fish box
    -re-wire to saltwater grade
    -re-hardware to saltwater grade
    -saltwater trolling motor
    -aluminum trailer
    -trim tabs for better shallow water holeshot
    -etc...

My problem is I am by no means skilled enough to DIY, thus everytime I think about it I start looking for true Intracoastal Models.... Again thanks for the response. Todd

I run my Jag in brackish water all the time. The wire are already tinned and I got the optional aluminum trailer. Wash the boat and flush the engine and it has been just fine. I am going to get rid of the carper in the cockpit and put down something that will dry faster Than the carpet. The deck carpet cleans up easy enough for me.