Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Don't know if this was a brand new transducer but have you inspected your transducer and cable for nicks or damage that may have affected shielding?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

2. Member
    Yes, I’ve tried two different hdi transducers with the same results. Does anyone know if the pdt-wbl transducer has any extra shielding as it was made to be shoot through / trolling motor mounted?

3. Banned
    As posted earlier, I would try shielding up the length of the cable, or even shielding wrapped around the TM shaft.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hanapaa View Post
    I had bad interference also with my Terrova pilot/Onix and Solix. 'Tried the ferrite cores and even added a capacitive filter at the unit with minimal improvement. Last week, I did a continuity test between the 3 pieces of the motor housing and the body was not shorted to the nose or skeg housing which were shorted to each other. So, I added a wire from the small transducer cover screw (on nose) to the SI xducer mount which is shorted to the center housing via SS clamps and bracket. Today, I tried it out and no interference! You may want to check the continuity of the housing pieces.
    can you post a picture. thanks

5. Member
    Finally some improvement! I now have eliminated all interference from the prop starting and stopping. I do still have minor interference whenever the trolling motor head moves left or right. It isn’t perfect yet but I can live with what it is for now and can track drop shot easily.
    - I checked for continuity and had it on all three sections on the trolling motor. Just to double check I rigged a wire as hanapaa suggested with no luck. So I removed.
    - I decided to go ahead and order and try the pdt-wbl transducer in hopes that it had more shielding.
    - I also added the us2 extension and lowrance adapter ran to the back of the unit as a backup Incase I ever nocked my transducer off during a tournament. I also thought I was possibly picking up interference from the head and extending may help.
    these changes
    - I doubled the ferrite toroids and wrapped the pdt-Wbl wire as many time as I could. It was much shorter wire than the hdi and I was only able to get about 4 wraps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12