ProXS 4-stroke water pump

SN2B594418 - 2018 ProXS 4-stroke v6 175hp.

Manual is not mentioning water pump/impeller.

What are the recommended inspection intervals and parts to service?

2. Banned
    3 years or 300 hours, whichever comes first. I would purchase the complete water pump kit when it’s time. Replace the impeller, housing, seal and gaskets.

3. mikesxpress
    The change frequency depends on what your feeding it.

If your running grass/sand etc.. regularly keep the strainer clean, watch the water pressure, and do a yearly or 2 year change on the water pump/housing/wear plate.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind- this EXACT same water pump design has been used in MANY engines over the years. Service interval has swapped back and forth from 1 year to 3 years so many times it's nuts.

In the ProXS Optimax lineup- 1 year or 100 hours, mandatory replacement per literature. 3 Years on the 4 stroke turning essentially same RPM's, same ratio gearcase.

I offer two recommendations:

1. Probably a wise decision to replace annually if using in a fishing application that involves any murky, woody, sandy, or otherwise debris-laden water.

2. Regardless of application, I personally would not stretch the pump beyond a 2 year/200 hour range.

You do NOT want to overheat one of these new 4-strokes... lots of plastic and rubber components on or near the exhaust in the rear of the cowling.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Don't the 2018 175 and larger motors have that info on the motors? My 2018 150 Pro XS does.
    2000 TR186
    2018 150 Pro XS 4 Stroke
    6in jack plate-24" Fury3

6. mikesxpress
    Yes. The change interval is provided. That interval doesn't account for engine use in debris laden waters or plowing row in sandbars.