Xpress is listening

Just looked at a couple 2019 x21s. Only noticeable weld bead is on the very center of the boat, and they changed props. The 19s still had the ofx23, but the 21s have a pt vmx3 prop. Appears to be a sho copy
    2019 Xpress X21 - Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO

2. Banned
    Xpress isn't listening. Buyers and owners have been complaining about the crap power tech props on their X-19 and X-21`s since 2001.

It's 2019. Xpress isn't listening. Same quality controls issues. Same service. Same excuses. Same garbage trailers.

Just more of the same.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oncebitten View Post
    Xpress isn't listening. Buyers and owners have been complaining about the crap power tech props on their X-19 and X-21`s since 2001.

It's 2019. Xpress isn't listening. Same quality controls issues. Same service. Same excuses. Same garbage trailers.

Just more of the same.
    You really don't have to buy one.

Find a brand that suits you and go for it.

4. Banned
    Sadly, that's what I finally did. Sold my X-19 and bought another brand of tin boat. The difference in quality was telling.

5. Member
    Sounds like a great ending to this story. I am happy it worked out for you.

6. Member
    For me it’s give and take, shouldn’t be, but on my boat I had several aggravating issues. The lip under the storage lids needed silicone, the trolling motor would stop and start until I found the bow connection missing a nut and the other one loose. The scanner quit working and found it was not plugged in completely. The squeeze on hose clamps leaked until I told the dealer to replace them all with screw type clamps. And of course the junk prop made for a party barge that they credited me for on exchange. My Ranger had no build quality issues but never performed like the Xpress. Sold it and other aluminum boats before going Xpress. Got the bugs out and love it now but it’s a black eye for them with their lacking quality on the small details. My X17’ had zero issues from day one, must have been a Wednesday build. Had a 18’ that I bought used and it was problem free too. Like most everything some guys get complete lemons. I had a new Toyota 4 Runner lemon but most people tell you they are the best and perfect cars. Wouldn’t buy another one. Just saying.
    2019 x19 175 SHO 12” Bobs jack plate

Quality Control and customer service is 90% of all products out there. I run a Forestry Seedling Nursery and have been working in a seedling nurseries over 50 years. I retired over 3 years ago and was called back to run the Nursery this pass February because the one that's they hired to run it did not grow a quality seedling and did not know how to handle the customers. The nursery like to have went under because poor quality control and customer service.
    My 2006 X21TS wiring could have burn my boat if we did not
    completely rewired it, The trolling motor wiring was rubbing on bare ruff cut metal, the holes were cut with a hole saw, the edges were sharp and not grommet at any of the holes. We replaced our carpet last year and it was a mess, it had come unglued because the glue had broken down . The Carpet was not that good and there was a lot of places that welded and sealed to keep water out that was fix before we put new carpet in.My boat is kept in my garage when not being used so the carpets is in good shape for age it was.The trailer had a lot of problems also, broken welds, finder falling off, brackets that holds the bunks broke, brake problems, wheel bearing problem, and wiring and lights were bad.
    But would not trade it for any glass boat. We just replace the 2006 Yamaha HPDI with a 2019 Yamaha SHO.

12 lbs 9 oz caught on 4/28/1975 Lake Eufaula

8. Member
    I have had a h51 for seven years and now a 2017 x19 for two years . Not one issue

9. Member
    No boat is perfect that said I have been happy with my X19. Thought about an upgrade this year but can't find anything I like better
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.