Thread: Bait shop help

Bait shop help

I’m new to the Raleigh area. I was wondering if anyone could help me out with any local bait/tackle shops? I know there is a bass pro but I would like to visit a good local store if possible. Also where is the nearest boat dealer. Preferably bass cat?
    thanks

2. Banned
    If ya are looking for best prices on new items t would be ebay, tacklewarehouse and tackle depot. Tackle shops around here are just WAY to proud of their stuff. BC dealer, just go to their website. You will find the dealer postings there. Hope it helps and welcome to the area.

3. BBC LifeTimeMember jimb175nc's Avatar
    Gas station in the sharp curb on Lake Wheeler road just before the Lake Wheeler turn in. Year round I think. Minnows, worms, crickets. Many places don't carry minnows during the winter. Parking with a boat can be a problem.
    something smells

4. Member
    Ez tackle in Goldsboro is only about 45 minutes from Raleigh and worth the trip. Also Outdoors Accesories unlimited in Kenly is very good as well.

5. Member
    Outhouse tackle off of six forks is good, Jerry the owner can get whatever you need. Phishermans Bass Catt payment must have his money tight. You will see him often complain about the fees to fish hyco lake and how he doesn’t support our local tackle shops because a bait cost a few dollars more.

6. Member
    If you make a fishing trip to KERR lake. Bobcats in Clarksville is awesome! Nice guys and has A lot.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Come on into Kenly to see ol Ed at Outdoor Accessories and get a pack of nabs and Diet Pepsi. Nice selection of tackle, offers great rod and reel repair. Good ol store !!!!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish.rb View Post
    Outhouse tackle off of six forks is good, Jerry the owner can get whatever you need. Phishermans Bass Catt payment must have his money tight. You will see him often complain about the fees to fish hyco lake and how he doesn’t support our local tackle shops because a bait cost a few dollars more.
    Na, boat paid for, paid cash. Tight, now that is a good one. Protest Hyco, oh yea, I do. Hyco discriminates against boat owners. Bring a boat with a gas engine on it, 25.00 a day to use the ramp,charge non boaters to park, but let kayak's use the ramp for free to run 100 boat kayak tournaments. Yea, once again your wrong. I don't own a single big box store/retail brand name fishing rod. But I do own 23 JB Custom Rods.
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Come on into Kenly to see ol Ed at Outdoor Accessories and get a pack of nabs and Diet Pepsi. Nice selection of tackle, offers great rod and reel repair. Good ol store !!!!

This!
    2015 Triton 18TX
    Suzuki 115 SS
    Motorguide X3 70lb
    Lowrance Elite 7 & 9

Outhouse is decent, I always stop and buy something when I drive by as he is about the only good store left, they are closed on Sundays. There is another place on Capital Blvd just south of 540 in Raleigh called Mojos, they have very little on the shelf but he will get anything you want special order... this way he can sell for less without dead inventory on the shelf. Bobcats in Clarksville is probably the best mom n pop shop I have visited... if you ever fish Kerr Lake launch at Longwood and Bobcats is less than a mile up hwy 15 from there,,, I have made that costly detour too many times.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    If you make a fishing trip to KERR lake. Bobcats in Clarksville is awesome! Nice guys and has A lot.
    X2

12. Member
    Aberdeen's bait and tackle has more tackle in one place than you can look at. Guy who runs it name is Robbie and is very knowledgeable. I'm not kidding it is packed to the walls!

13. Member
    mojo’s is gone

14. Member
    +1 On Aberdeen Tackle. largest Lucky Craft dealer in US. Robbie is great to work with!

15. Member
    Rock Outdoors the newest Bass Cat dealer around that I know of. It's in Lexington. Skyline Marine is another Bass Cat dealer I believe. They're in Wilkesboro, a little further west.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgers4 View Post

This!
    X3

17. Member
    Thomas' bait and tackle in Sanford
    Haulin' Bass Guide Service LLC
    guided bass fishing on NC's best lakes
    http://www.haulinbass.com