Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    Tiger stripe. Same as always Hal.

2. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    Well for certain, if it's Mike, he isn't using the Skunk Stripe because it never works for him - he always loads the livewells.

3. mikesxpress
    Bruce I only manage to catch the few fish alloted to me by the law of averages. Nothing more.

4. Member
    Mike- love the cleanliness of you livewell area....anyway I'm sitting here trying to put this livewell plastic together. I ordered all new stuff to completely redo my pumps and flow rite valve and all the plastic in there. They sent the new rule pumps which are long and threaded...how short do you cut the pumps back? Do you have a diagram or anything to go by? I think they left out some of the threaded to smooth connectors out. I'm not thinking I have everything I need. How do you attach the new pumps after cutting them? They are threaded with a different thread that the PVC they sent.

5. mikesxpress
    Loren without access to your service well it's hard to remote guide your install. In a Ranger it should go in just like the system you removed. Flowrite has a guide with pictures: https://www.flow-rite.com/

6. Member
    Mike, do you still recommend this pump setup? I noticed you did not give it a favorable review on Amazon.

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 4.24.20 PM.png

7. mikesxpress
    Robert, no I don't. The stock pump continues to run after pumping. I have made corrections to the field affect switching to eliminate that issue on my pump but wouldn't want others to do it.

8. mikesxpress
    Revising the use of "sensor" type pumps vs float activated. After a year of fooling with the Johnson field sensing pump and two warranty replacements, I went back to the float style in 1000 gph. I really wanted the sensor pump to work and spent allot of time with Johnson engineering on my install. End result is, the tight proximity to other items/surfaces in the bilge affect the field sensing ability of the auto-bilge and it can't function properly. In my case it would activate/pump in the presence of 3/4" of water but wouldn't shut off unless I cycled it via the dash switch. The sensor type pump may work fine in a less restrictive bilge area on larger boats but for us with bass style craft, things are just to close.

9. Member
    Old post i know, hopefully Mike is still around.. . Mike you said you were able to install the 1100 GPH Rule in the 800 case... Did this work ok for you? I'm at my wits end with these 800s

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by willywonka View Post
    Old post i know, hopefully Mike is still around.. . Mike you said you were able to install the 1100 GPH Rule in the 800 case... Did this work ok for you? I'm at my wits end with these 800s
    Looks like Mike said something somebody didn't like. As an add, if you put the output of two pumps in a "Y" and then a single outpipe through the hull, one can just send the water out and some can flow back into the other pump.

mikesxpress

BannedJoin DateJan 2006LocationFalmouth, VAPosts10,374

Wow! I'm surprised to see him banned. I wonder what happened
    Blue lives matter

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinK9cop View Post
    Wow! I'm surprised to see him banned. I wonder what happened

Can't go there. You look at old threads you'll find a lot of contributors were cancelled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12