97' Cobra 201d trailer weight?

Does anyone know what the weight of the trailer is for my boat? I know the boat itself is supposed to be 1426 lbs empty . I'm going to weigh it soon as I can but just trying to figure things out. I was told that in texas because the trailer is a tandem axle I will need the weight to get it registered. If the total weight of the boat and trailer is over 4000 lbs I will need to get a title on the trailer also. Also I wantt to rule out the possibility of waterlogged flotation material.
    Thanks!

2. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Call E-Z Loader Trailers in Midway, AR that's who made the trailer. 870-481-5138

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

The title application receipt for my '01 ezloader tandem axle trailer identifies empty wt: 1000 lbs., carrying capacity: 3400 lbs., & gross wt: 4400 lbs. I assume those are manufacture's specs. I would think your 201D with engine , t/m, batteries, 1/2 tank of gas & gear should be under 3000 lbs.
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Have your VIN handy when you call

5. Member
    cool..thanks!

6. Member
    Well I got my boat and trailer weighed today and it weighed 3450 with all compartments empty, 10 gallons of gas and 3 batteries. Wondering if the motor and trolling motor weight is included or separate?

Generally the motor, t/m, batteries, optional equipment & especially fuel aren't included in the hull weight. Without removing them or knowing their actual weights it's almost impossible to determine your hull weight, even if you know your trailer weight. That said, depending on which motor you have a 225efi weighs 472 lbs while a 200efi weighs 425 lbs (motor weight excludes prop, rigging, oil), three wet batteries will add 150-180 lbs depending on size, a t/m will add 70-80 lbs, & 10 gallons of gas will add 60+ lbs. An optional full deck insert will add 50 lbs & a 8" j/p can add 50 lbs which you didn't mention having either one.

When you add 793 lbs (heaviest weights of the motors, batts, t/m, & gas) to 1440 lbs (hull weight listed in cobra forum brochure) it increases the hull weight to 2233 lbs & if you add 1000 lbs (assumed trailer weight) then the total package would weigh 3233 lbs. The 217 lbs difference between your real weight & my hypothetical weight could be a combination of the rigging, oil, prop, jackplate, deck extension, other accessories, trailer & last but not least my poor estimating. LOL!

If your concerned about water intrusion look for brown streaks that run down the Inside or outside of the transom from existing hardware or you can push up & down on your lower unit while watching for any flexing in your transom which there should be none or the ball pin hammer method along the inside & outside of your transom while listening for a solid sound (good) or a hollow sound (bad).

I was having some health issues today so I had plenty of down time to waste. LOL!
    TGIFish
    USAF ('79-'00)
    '01 Cobra 201D

8. Member
    Thanks for the information! I do have a jackplate and also a deck insert and the motor is a johnson 200 venom (carbureted). Sounds like the weight is somewhat normal,now to check the transom.

9. Member
    Opened the removable pieces in the battery compartment to get a look at the transom and everything looked really good, no cracks or water leaking anywhere. I also lifted up on the lower unit and there was no flexing or wobbling anywhere. When I lifted up on the lower unit the boat lifted with it, no slack anywhere! I didn't hit anything with a ball pin hammer