Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a ride around Arkansas in a SS or SST

Guys,

im looking at buying a new 21 SST, but I'd really like to c awl around one and maybe go,for a ride and see how they ride and handle before I send $70K on a boat...anyone around Arkansas area running one that wouldn't mind my tagging along one afternoon for an hour or so?

Many Thanks in advance!

Jim
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

2. Member
    I'll be picking mine up at Bullet in a few weeks . Had some warranty work done. If you can get to Knoxville well hit the river or something for a trip.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

3. Member
    Jim, don't know of one in Arkansas, Tex, Louisiana, and Tennessee are the closest one I can think of

4. Member
    Good guy on here has a 21ss. He’s in NE OK. Idk what parts of Arkansas you’re from

5. Member
    I’ll give you a run down on one.

1:Front deck is narrow but it doesn’t bother me at all.

2: fit and finish will be second to none

3: I put around 6 are 7 rods on driver side deck. They fit perfect there. You can put rods on other side to ,but they hang off the edge on SST. So figure 8 to 9 rods on front deck, with room to still move around.

4: you will love the layout of front deck. Buy you some Plano box holders to put in center box and small box on driver side, for the perfect setup.

Don’t know what boat your coming out of but one thing I’ve learned with the SS is it will ride like shit in boat wake ( like at blast off) If you give it to much driver input. Just let it roll over the waves keeping steering wheel steady.

It gets blown around in the wind( sometimes it gets frustrating). Boat sits nose high. I’d still buy another one though!

boats handles rough water very well

the boat will fly

also it will be the best looking boat tournament morning

boat is very strong durable

dont lean or let someone step on the seats.

You will love it

6. Member
    Bradley

If you remember a while back, I started a thread here "Bird to Bullet" - Will I still haven't gotten the itch scrathed for wanting a Bullet. I got my 20PHX running 83 or so now, but still not fast enough. I'm wanting a 90+ to play with and high 80's to fish from..I'm going down early this week to ride and drive a SST so I'll know exactly what to expect. Thanks for responding!!

7. Member
    While the SST sets high in the nose. The deck slopes forward so when your fishing its level. Mine has the padded deck and is very comfortable standing all day. The deck is narrow though. My partner and I both still fish from the front. He runs a 21 xrd and didn't take but a minute to get comfortable in mine. I'm running a 300XS with either a 30 bravo or a 31 hydromotive best I've seen yet is 94.7 pretty light. I've done very little work to go any faster. But it drives very good. I love all the bullets I've had or been in.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

8. Member
    Jim, your still welcome to take a ride in my 21RDC anytime, and I'm only a hour away

9. Member
    [QUOTE=falconpilot;9924274]Bradley

If you remember a while back, I started a thread here "Bird to Bullet" - Will I still haven't gotten the itch scrathed for wanting a Bullet. I got my 20PHX running 83 or so now, but still not fast enough. I'm wanting a 90+ to play with and high 80's to fish from..I'm going down early this week to ride and drive a SST so I'll know exactly what to expect. Thanks for responding!![/QUOTE

Yeah I remember too.

with a 250 your looking at 82 85 fully loaded 2 people livewells full full tank of gas

light 1 person 90s are easily attainable ! With sportmaster gear case.

if you want real speed get a 300 and don’t look back

ive had mine to 87 mph with all stock 250 SHO.

it will be interesting to hear your comperision between the Bullet and Phoniex . Keep us updated

10. Member
    Todd,

Thank you for offer! I'm going up,to ride with Dusty today. I may very well take you up your offer!

Jim

11. Member
    I live in locust grove OK. Ft. Gibson is out my back door I work beside Hudson lake. I'm probably 35 miles west of siloam springs and have a ss with a 250 on it your welcome to come over and ride and drive it or if you have questions feel free to call my number is 918-530-2112

12. Member
    When I get the call for mine being done I'll try to post early enough for you some notice.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Todd,

Thank you for offer! I'm going up,to ride with Dusty today. I may very well take you up your offer!

Jim
    No problem, hope Dusty doesn't scare you to much with that 300x!

14. Member
    That 20XRD is a BEAST with the 300X!

15. Member
    Give us the full scoop. What was mph you got it to. Did you drive and what speed did you get it too.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

16. Member
    I don't know Dusty but a 20 x with a 300x is no doubt a bad boy. My old boat was a 20 / 300xs DBR. The x motor should be faster. Remember the 20ftrs do not drive like the sst or the ss. the pad is taller and moved a couple inches forward on the sst. The 20 x boats should be the fastest of the production bullets with the sst and ss being 2nd. I think the 21xd is 3 and 21xrs probably 4. They all have their advantage on layout just depends on what your looking for.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

17. Member
    Todd,

I got it up to 83 just to make sure I could drive one...first time in a Bullet ...ever..chine was a lot like my bird, just slower....I'd like to have run faster, but we were on Beaver Fork and not a lot of water in front of us...that plus I'd give anything if I could have filmed Dusty!!!You couldn't have driven a ten penny nail up his ass with a sleg hammer! Hats off to him for letting me and trusting me to drive it..I did overtrim it running around 70 and I got to feel how the boat when it gets loose...quite different that my Phoenix..

Drove to to see Chris today...19 21 SST with 250R should be in my shop next week! Taking a little of a bath on the 20 PHX, but I should've bought a Bullet to start with...I just hope I can get use to the smaller decks...The 20 PHX is 8" wider across, carpet to carpet...deck looks huge compared to Bullet. Also hope this combo runs what people are saying it will...
    Last edited by falconpilot; 01-07-2019 at 08:39 PM.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Todd,

I got it up to 83 just to make sure I could drive one...first time in a Bullet ...ever..chine was a lot like my bird, just slower....I'd like to have run faster, but we were on Beaver Fork and not a lot of water in front of us...that plus I'd give anything if I could have filmed Dusty!!!You couldn't have driven a ten penny nail up his ass with a sleg hammer! Hats off to him for letting me and trusting me to drive it..I did overtrim it running around 70 and I got to feel how the boat when it gets loose...quite different that my Phoenix..

Drove to to see Chris today...19 21 SST with 250R should be in my shop next week! Taking a little of a bath on the 20 PHX, but I should've bought a Bullet to start with...I just hope I can get use to the smaller decks...The 20 PHX is 8" wider across, carpet to carpet...deck looks huge compared to Bullet. Also hope this combo runs what people are saying it will...I'm going to be pissed while loaded in the hot summer, and I can't run mid upper 80's...
    With the 250r and sportmaster you should be able to run at-least 85 86 solo. It’s all about getting the right prop. You will probably run 90+ I’m just being conservative

19. Member
    Chris at Anglers Outpost is probably the best guy to buy a bullet from.

20. Member
    I cant comment much on the 250R. I friend of mine is now running a 300R on an A boat that is wicked quick. If the 250s run close to them you will be happy.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast