Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    The one thing I don't like about my SST is the live well drain. It has a plug in the bottom and no remote lever to completely drain it you need to remove the drain plug. I'm just not used to that. It does have pump in and out though. Cudoes to Dusty the only couple of people that tried to drive my 20xd scared the hell out of me when they tried to get a little bit out of it.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

2. Member
    Jim, you can run in the mid 80's easy in mine, and I've got a 21RDC, 2ft longer, little more room, and a better ride, I've never rode in Dusty Bullet, but I would have liked to see him drive it also, bet it was flying!!

It was fun. Im not a good passenger after doing a few spins over the years but i knew he had enough sense to not get out of control. Im also glad he got to feel what an upcoming blowout feels like. I hate broke ribs and i know he does too.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    Blowouts are NO FUN!! I've done it a few times, I'm not a good passenger either, just not the same in that seat

5. Member
    IMG_1360.jpgTesting has begun...Boat is loaded with all the fishing gear out of my Phoenix, has a Ultrex 36 on nose, two 12" Garmins sticking out in the wind, and full fuel. Water was smooth this evening - ran 88.1 with ProMax 32 at 5950, 1.75 above pad. Had more in it on that run, but I was running out of water so ended it there..

Prop testing to continue, but overall I really like this boat!
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

6. Member
    I need to get your prop back to you, it didn't work, but great running for a rookie!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    IMG_1360.jpgTesting has begun...Boat is loaded with all the fishing gear out of my Phoenix, has a Ultrex 36 on nose, two 12" Garmins sticking out in the wind, and full fuel. Water was smooth this evening - ran 88.1 with ProMax 32 at 5950, 1.75 above pad. Had more in it on that run, but I was running out of water so ended it there..

Prop testing to continue, but overall I really like this boat!
    Good running brother I got 87 out of my SHO with 30 promax with simalar load on a SS. You should hit 91 with gear out right now.

can you compare your SST to your Phoenix? Things you like better about Phoenix and things you like better about SST. I’ve been thinking about a Phoenix lately

8. Member
    That's cookin loaded

9. Member
    Thanks Todd...I'm learning to drive it..I'd hit over 90 today, but was running out of water quickly on the run.

Just hold on to it...I'm heading out of town Monday for 2 weeks or so. We'l let together when I get back.

The 21 SST is a corvette and the phoenix is a towncar - They are both GREAT boats in my opinion. The Phoenix simply fishes better IMO because its bigger, moves/rocks side to side less when walking around on it(for me important when you are fishing two guys), it blows around less in the wind and has a giant deck! The thing I miss the most on the 20 PHX is the rod locker....the SST is short on the let side, so you have to use the center locker, the biggest one to store your rods. In order to get to your tackle you gotta open one of the side lockers, which seem to always have rods lay on them...It's just a storage issue that I'll have to figure out. Both boats ride great, but different from one another. The SST is fast and agile, fishes better than I expected, live wells at HUGE, and its storage is huge as well...its different than the Phoenix but as big..I got everything that came out of my 20PHX into the SST..I'm carry a ton of crap!!Mostly though, the 21 SST is fast as hell and has beautiful lines!!! It looks fast setting still, and the Merc 250R only adds to the looks. I like the Bullet Trailer way better than the Phoenix trailer btw.

I knew that buying the 21 SST that I was giving up some fishibility, and deck space....but life is a comprise and I want a boat that I could run 90 in, and fish out of as well. The 21 SST gives me those things and is simply a stunning boat to just look at!!

I can say this- If I were to ever leave Bullets, I'd only do so to go back to a Phoenix, and it'd be a 921 PHX with a 300R..I'm hearing it's mid 80's in a huge fishing platform..
    Last edited by falconpilot; 02-06-2019 at 01:50 AM.
    Blazer 650 PRO /Nizpro SC SHO

10. Member
    Welcome to the Bullet family buddy!! There's just something about a Bullet!!!

11. Member
    Thanks FalconPilot! I wondered about the shortend rod locker on passenger side. I think once you get a tackle organizer built you be good on that. The SST does fish better than you would think.

Thank you you for the comparison . Only reason I’m thinking of going to a Phoenix is just to get something different I’ve had bullet for 5 or 6 years. Probably will get a SST when it’s all said and done though.

thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12