Thread: 618 questions

618 questions

Guys

im very interested in the 618 with a 175. Any input from the guys who have one on how you like it? The closest dealership is about an hour away so trying to get input prior to making the drive. I’ve been in a 920 and the ride and finish was top notch. Kinda of comparing it to a skeeter zx190 but I’m not really impressed with its layout.

2. Member
    the 618 is exactly the same as the 920 just in a smaller package. Cockpit area almost the same but obviously shorter boat and not as wide in the front. My dealer had the Skeeter sitting right next to the Phoenix and I liked the build of the phoenix better and layout in 2014.

I'm very satisfied with my 618. It is a good fit with my fishing and fits in my garage. Tows like a dream behind my v6 Durango. I've had minor trailer issues with loading that I have resolved.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Go buy it.

I have a 2011 with a Merc 175 ProXS and a Tempest Plus 23p. Rides, handles, fishes, and runs great. I ordered mine so that I could get the colors that I wanted, had to wait 18 weeks for delivery, but definitely worth the wait. I fish by myself most of the time, and don't fish any really big lakes, that is why I chose the 618. I have friends with bigger boats, and mine is just as stable and smooth as those boats. Go take a ride and you'll be sold.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastandRodz View Post
    Guys

im very interested in the 618 with a 175. Any input from the guys who have one on how you like it? The closest dealership is about an hour away so trying to get input prior to making the drive. I’ve been in a 920 and the ride and finish was top notch. Kinda of comparing it to a skeeter zx190 but I’m not really impressed with its layout.

I have a 2016 618 with a 150 and love it. Handles rough water better than you think a boat that size would. I have 36v trolling motor, dual power poles, hyd jack plate, loaded with ay too much tackle and will run high 50's , pushing 60 with the 21P prop.

Being in Allen Tx I assume the dealer your talking about is Fun N Sun in Hurst, great people and they will treat you right. Have never ridden in the ZX190 but have looked them over at the dealership and agree with you on the layout. If you are planning on looking at the 618 first hand I'm pretty sure they don't have one in stock, been told that demand is so high on other Phoenix boats its hard for dealers to get stock units. I have mine on Joe Pool if you are interested in looking at one in person.

5. Smallmouth Junkie!
    I owned a 2003 TZX190 which in that year from what I know was the same hull as a ZX-190. I can tell you without a doubt you will be much happier with the ride and performance of the the Phoenix 618. The fishability of the ZX-190 is excellent but so is the Phoenix.
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

6. Member
    my fishing style is much like COKE but I do fish big waters (Okeechobee and Kentucky Lake). The key is not running miles across lakes when bad weather or wind has potential. I fish alone about 50% of the time and when alone the smaller boat is better then a larger one (less gas, less wind drag, more agile)
    2024 Phoenix 818

7. David Evans
    I just recently purchased a 2016 with 175 pro XS and I am really impressed with it so far. However, I have only been on the water a couple of times now. My last boat was 2011 Skeeter zx225 and it was nice as well. I personally think Phoenix boats are top notch compared to my Skeeter....my opinion. I actually have more room at the console are with the Phoenix than the Skeeter. Also, I have no problem hit 60+ with the Phoenix.

8. Member
    Love mine. Runs plenty fast enough for me, fishes great. Easy to manipulate and tow, and easy to store in the garage.
    2016 Phoenix 618 Pro / Mercury 175 Pro XS

9. Member
    I have a 2017 618 with a 175 G2 with a 26 Fury on it and manual jack plate. I have hit 67 by myself and still am hitting my limiter (thinking of trying a 27)
    drops to 65 to 66 with 2 guys in tourneys with full Wells. Very satisfied with the boat overall, but I do miss the ride of my previous Legends, but they were bigger boats also.
    Pool 10

I have a 2016 618 with a 175 Pro XS. It is an excellent rough water boat. I have fished Lake George in Florida with it at times so rough I would have never taken my old Ranger out in it. My buddies that have Skeeters can't believe how well it handles in rough water. As for speed, it goes 65 mph with me and a buddy. That's plenty fast for me. It's the best boat I have ever owned.

2016 Phoenix 618 Pro
    2016 Mercury 175 Pro XS

11. Member
    How long of a rod will the rod lockers hold on the 618 ?
    Is there plenty of room in the tackle storage area also ?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter1987 View Post
    How long of a rod will the rod lockers hold on the 618 ?
    Is there plenty of room in the tackle storage area also ?
    8ft- I have multiple 7'9's in my lockers. More tackle storage then I can fill.
    2024 Phoenix 818

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    8ft- I have multiple 7'9's in my lockers. More tackle storage then I can fill.
    Thanks

14. Member
    My comments are the same as several above. I have a 2016 with 175 Pro XS. It will do 68 with a light load and 65 with 2 guys tourney loaded. I carry a ton of tackle and still have room. It is the biggest 18’ class boat you will find. My friends with bigger boats are always surprised with how smooth the rough water ride is. I really like the small day boxes, center glove box and the cooler keeps ice well.

15. Falcon F185
    I owned a 618 for 8 years, and have nothing but great things to say about Phoenix and the 618. I've driven and ridden in my fair share of bigger Phoenix models, and the 618 is really all most people need IMO. I even busted 70 with a full load, with my 175 pro xs/24 fury combo. So it was fast, dry and the rough water ride was unbelievable. I would absolutely still have that boat if I hadn't decided to get into inland saltwater fishing. If Phoenix would agree to make me one with Sea Dek instead of carpet, I'd be back in a bird.

16. Member
    Anyone have a storage width on a 618? I’ve searched and can’t seem to find the same answer twice

I had a 2010 618 for 5 years. Bought it new after its model debut at the classic. Can't say enough about that little boat. She'll surprise you and make you grin on how she handles long after the purchase. It has the same feel of ride and handling as the larger model Birds. I was shocked at how much my 919 felt like my 618. The difference was in excess of the same performances. Cockpit is dimensionally the same-if you've sat in one no matter the model, you've sat in them all ('17+ has higher deck/lower seat potions in some models).

If the price is right, go for it! You will not be disappointed! Good luck!

I had a 2010 618 for 5 years. Bought it new after its model debut at the classic. Can't say enough about that little boat. She'll surprise you and make you grin on how she handles long after the purchase. It has the same feel of ride and handling as the larger model Birds. I was shocked at how much my 919 felt like my 618. The difference was in excess of the same performances. Cockpit is dimensionally the same-if you've sat in one no matter the model, you've sat in them all ('17+ has higher deck/lower seat potions in some models so there are subtle differences).

If the price is right, go for it! You will not be disappointed! Good luck!