Thread: Going fishing!

USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar

Going fishing!

Ice is melting fast so got my license and rods and Rudapa and I are headed to beaver lake tomorrow as it is large areas of open water. Don’t care if we get bit cause we are wetting a line in early January
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

2. Banned
    you suck you suck you suck and if you didn't hear me the first 3 times.... you suck! I'm on call this weekend or I'd be thinking about making the trip down south to Little River or any of the lakes down by Creston as I'm sure those lakes have quite a bit of water open still. If not, there's always Red Rock or Rathbun that I thought I'd like to get to.

Oh well, it's the last weekend of pheasant season in Iowa so I'm hoping I don't get called in and can get a few hours of walking for roosters in instead

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liljakec View Post
    you suck you suck you suck and if you didn't hear me the first 3 times.... you suck! I'm on call this weekend or I'd be thinking about making the trip down south to Little River or any of the lakes down by Creston as I'm sure those lakes have quite a bit of water open still. If not, there's always Red Rock or Rathbun that I thought I'd like to get to.

Oh well, it's the last weekend of pheasant season in Iowa so I'm hoping I don't get called in and can get a few hours of walking for roosters in instead
    It will suck too if I have any kind of report Jake!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

4. Member
    I made it out a couple days to a few back water crappie hot spots this week. Ice was sneaking up on me but heading back out tomorrow hoping to land some. Been very tough but getting the boat in the water in January here...can’t complain!!

5. Member
    Braggersss!!

F#ck working!

6. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Water was 36 and Russ caught one little 6 inch perch and we both played him sure good to get out for early January in a sweatshirt
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    Water was 36 and Russ caught one little 6 inch perch and we both played him sure good to get out for early January in a sweatshirt
    You should go to Poney a Creek next weekend. I might call this week to check if all the ice is gone. If it is I'm pretty sure that's where I will be.
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Member
    ^^

9. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    You should go to Poney a Creek next weekend. I might call this week to check if all the ice is gone. If it is I'm pretty sure that's where I will be.
    We talked about it but could not find out about the ice
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Jim View Post
    We talked about it but could not find out about the ice
    If I can't get it confirmed on the phone I will drive down Friday to check for myself.
    John the Garage Doorman

I was looking forward to ice fishing when I get back but I won't be sad to be fishing out of the boat instead.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    I was looking forward to ice fishing when I get back but I won't be sad to be fishing out of the boat instead.
    At the rate it is warming up and the lakes icing out, you will be fishing post spawn when you get home.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    At the rate it is warming up and the lakes icing out, you will be fishing post spawn when you get home.
    That just sounds like fish willing to eat a frog to me!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest