Question 18 Skeeter ZX225 NAP pricing - Negotiation

All,

Posted on the general board but finally decided on the Skeeter. I'm focused on a leftover and it looks like they are sticking to NAP pricing. This package is the standard package and the NAP is listed at $52-53 and I was hoping to land in the mid $40's. What's realistic in your opinion.

I mean as soon as I make the left or right out of the dealership its going to be considered a nice boat with low (no) hours that is a 2018. Its still winter here but early bird gets the worm. I'm looking to close on something by the end of the month.

2. Member
    On the package boats, I doubt there is that much wiggle room. They are priced to sell at the price they list. My local dealer can't keep any in inventory and he is selling at the suggested price. Look at it this way, I don't think you can buy a Nitro for what you want to pay (mid 40's) and I had much rather have the Skeeter than a Nitro.

3. Member
    You can try, but Mid 40s is probably too low. Maybe 48-49 at best. Yes you can haggle at times on left overs, but they way they are priced, they isn't much cheaper for what you are getting.

4. Member
    if the dealer has had the boat for a while it has been adding interest thats why sometimes you can buy a new model for about the same money .

5. Member
    If they are stuck on NAP for an '18, I would pass, but mid forties is too low.

6. Member
    There are a lot of 18's still out there . The 225 package is the same on all. I had another dealer call me later in the evening and they said they would go $48. At this point I don't think I can squeeze any more water from the rock based on the comments here. I was pushing for $46 but I just don't think I will get there.

I haven't asked about the YES warranty yet. I need to do some more homework on that as well. Thanks everyone for the quick feedback. This ain't like car shopping.

7. Scraps
    Do some homework on the '18 v. '19 incentives and warranty plans. I had just called Wieda's re: two leftover 18s they had. Both priced in the mid-50s and had some hours on them. Then I compared to my local dealership and there are a couple 19s that price real close to these 18s for some reason. Might wanna look into the two at Wieda's.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    pretty much the same as car shopping without the profit margins half ton trucks you will see 10 to 15 k off last years model you will never see that in boats.

9. BBC SPONSOR
    48K is great on a holdover. Realistically that is right at or even below cost on that boat. Joe

10. Member
    I bought a hold over in ‘17 and saved around $4k from nap. Also, read somewhere that Yamaha is doing the 3+3 for boat show season. Hope this helps and good luck.

11. Scraps
    Don't know about the Skeeter guys, but I really like the new layouts on the 18 Skeeters.
    2017 Phoenix 819

12. Member
    What color combo are you looking for?

13. Member
    No preference really , I like them all the colors but my teenage boys want the green mist / lime.

14. Member
    P/M sent.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Don't know about the Skeeter guys, but I really like the new layouts on the 18 Skeeters.
    I specifically bought my 2018 for the deck layout. Very functional for me. For the OP, $48k would have me running out the door to the dealership.

16. Member
    This season Yamaha is offering the six year warranty on 150 hp and up. Skeeter is offering a 1500 dollar rebate.

If he’s not coming off price, maybe you can negotiate options. Get him to add the second power pole, or put on an Ultrexx, or throw in the cover.

17. Member
    About a month ago I went to a skeeter dealer. I was tore between the zx225 and the FX20, both would fit in the garage witch was my main concern. I was talking with the sales man and I asked about the price and adding stuff to the boat etc also changing the graphs from Humminbird to Lowrance. He acted like that was too much trouble and told me to build the boat on the website and that was the price. I even asked about a price on a new FX20 standard edition and he went to Skeeters build a boat site and showed me the screen and it MSRP for like 80k and said thats what it would cost ya, I guess he thought I was stupid cause I could of bought a new FX20 LE for cheaper. I just left and didn't want to deal with them any longer. I didn't have an issue with the national pricing just the way they acted.

18. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Zseen View Post
    About a month ago I went to a skeeter dealer. I was tore between the zx225 and the FX20, both would fit in the garage witch was my main concern. I was talking with the sales man and I asked about the price and adding stuff to the boat etc also changing the graphs from Humminbird to Lowrance. He acted like that was too much trouble and told me to build the boat on the website and that was the price. I even asked about a price on a new FX20 standard edition and he went to Skeeters build a boat site and showed me the screen and it MSRP for like 80k and said thats what it would cost ya, I guess he thought I was stupid cause I could of bought a new FX20 LE for cheaper. I just left and didn't want to deal with them any longer. I didn't have an issue with the national pricing just the way they acted.
    Yeah, national pricing is fine. Just don't make it worse.
    2017 Phoenix 819