I Gathered Talon Information from Minn Kota Today

Minn Kota Talon Weight Specifications

10’ Talon = 56 lbs. each
    12’ Talon = 63 lbs. each
    15’ Talon = 72 lbs. each

Minn Kota Talon Jack Plate Bracket = 18 lbs. each

Minn Kota Talon Tilt Bracket = 10 lbs. each

Therefore…
    Two 10’ Talons + 2 brackets + 2 tilt brackets = 168 lbs.
    Two 12’ Talons + 2 brackets + 2 tilt brackets = 182 lbs.
    Two 15’ Talons + 2 brackets + 2 tilt brackets = 200 lbs.

I hope this information helps someone.
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

2. Member
    This should be a sticky!

Quote Originally Posted by kailor View Post
    Minn Kota Talon Weight Specifications

10’ Talon = 56 lbs. each
    12’ Talon = 63 lbs. each
    15’ Talon = 72 lbs. each

Minn Kota Talon Jack Plate Bracket = 18 lbs. each

Minn Kota Talon Tilt Bracket = 10 lbs. each

Therefore…
    Two 10’ Talons + 2 brackets + 2 tilt brackets = 168 lbs.
    Two 12’ Talons + 2 brackets + 2 tilt brackets = 182 lbs.
    Two 15’ Talons + 2 brackets + 2 tilt brackets = 200 lbs.

I hope this information helps someone.
    According to the information on their website they are a few pounds lighter than what they told you. Did they tell you a weight on the 8ft model?

Quote Originally Posted by Srt1010 View Post
    This should be a sticky!
    There already is a sticky about weight. In the sticky thread from 2016 I provided a link but it looks like the navigation on the site has changed since then. Here is what they have them listed as now. On the left click the drop down called anchoring depth and select 8,10,12 or 15 then click on specifications. Weights on the website are not what's posted above. Also FYI the price they list can easily be found lower.

https://minnkotamotors.johnsonoutdoo...chors?id=13801

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I will make this a sticky, as it is great info and very challenging to find from Minn Kota. I will delete all comments including this one and close thread as we do not need it becoming a debate. I will wait to see the response if the 8 foot model weight can be added. OP If you can revise and add the 8 foot weight that would be great. Also please confirm this is accurate and came right from minn kota as I wouldnt want to sticky false info.

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I will make this a sticky, as it is great info and very challenging to find from Minn Kota. I will delete all comments including this one and close thread as we do not need it becoming a debate. I will wait to see the response if the 8 foot model weight can be added. OP If you can revise and add the 8 foot weight that would be great. Also please confirm this is accurate and came right from minn kota as I wouldnt want to sticky false info.
    What weights will be a sticky...the weights the OP list from via a phone call verses whats posted on the Minn Kota website have a discrepancy that will amount to several pounds when you buy a pair. Per the website a 10 ft Talon is 43 lbs not 56 lbs. This would make a set come in 26 pounds lighter on just the talon weight alone. I also wonder about the tilt bracket. If you look on the Amazon website they sell the tilt bracket and they list the product weight as 7.1 pounds and the shipping weight as 7.4 pounds. The person on the phone told him 10 pounds. I am pretty confident someone will not ship a 10 lb product and charge a 7.4 lb rate. Amazon list the universal side mount adapter as a product weight of 20 pounds and a shipping weight of 20.2 lbs. The person on the phone told him 18 lbs making them lighter that what someone who sells them for charges for shipping. I could not find any information on the Minn Kota website for tilt bracket weight or universal side mount. Base on what the OP was told the discrepancy adds up to several pounds if buying a pair.

Another thing to consider on total weight listed by the OP is rarely does someone purchase the tilt brackets. If you remove the tilt bracket weight and use the weight from the website a set of 10 footers comes in at 122 pounds. This is several pounds under 168 lbs. If a person was to buy the tilt bracket and use the weight listed on Amazon it still comes in several pounds lighter. It was 2014 when I bought my set of 8 footers. At the time I done the math on weight. I don't recall the actual number but I do recall it was under 150 lbs. Based on the information I see if I replaced everything I have (two 8 ft talons,two side mount adapter plates) I would come in at a total weight of 112 pounds.

In my opinion, I just think before we make this a sticky thread the information needs to be verified.

6. Member
    I actually did not ask about the 8' model. I believe the young lady I spoke to said she pulled these nuggets of information from engineer drawings.

7. Member
    I agree totally, JR19.

Thanks...I was hoping my reply did not come off as accusing you of posting wrong information. I am sure you posted what you were told and that just so happens not to match whats online. I have no idea what is correct but I do recall my 2014 8 footers were around 120-130 ish lbs.

9. Member
    I actually wonder how far/close we are from having self-driving and self-trolling bass boats?

10. Member
    I actually wonder how far/close we are from having self-driving and self-trolling bass boats?
    We already do with Minn Kota and Follow the Contour and Autopilot, etc.

11. Member
    No worries. I was merely relaying information which I received directly from a Minn Kota employee! I assume she...well, I can't assume anything. Perhaps someone other than myself could call Minn Kota and get the ground truth on these weights. Then it would be a great sticky for Talon fans. Perhaps K&K has similar info for the Power Pole gang, too.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    No worries. I was merely relaying information which I received directly from a Minn Kota employee! I assume she...well, I can't assume anything. Perhaps someone other than myself could call Minn Kota and get the ground truth on these weights. Then it would be a great sticky for Talon fans. Perhaps K&K has similar info for the Power Pole gang, too.
    in sticky under weights an actual powerpole tech posted the weights so we already have verified info posted on Power Poles. I will wait to see if any other customer can confirm these, personally sounded little heavier then I'm used to hearing..minn kota has never made it easy to find actual weights and for good reason as weight has always been one of the biggest drawbacks to the Talon product. However a sticky with the "correct " weights would be welcomed. Maybe you can give them a call Gene and see if info they give you matches the OP.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Kailor, very thoughtful of you to take the time and call Minn Kota. Also, thank you for sharing, its nice to see people looking out for others and taking the extra steps.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

14. Member
    I guess we do! Imagine a boat with no visible means of steering!!!

15. Member
    I'll be putting in new transom bolts in the next few weeks. I can weight a 12 fter jack plate mounting bracket and tilt bracket when there off. And no i don't have any certified scales.

16. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzeback View Post
    I'll be putting in new transom bolts in the next few weeks. I can weight a 12 fter jack plate mounting bracket and tilt bracket when there off. And no i don't have any certified scales.
    that will be good as we can compare that info to what the OP was told that will give us a reference point.

17. Member
    I just weighed a 10' 42.870lbs and a 12' 47.775lbs I did not include the 4 mounting bolts or remote

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mn250 View Post
    I just weighed a 10' 42.870lbs and a 12' 47.775lbs I did not include the 4 mounting bolts or remote
    greatly differs from what minn kota told him thats for sure.. not sure why they would have an employee tell a potential customer they weight that much as based on the weights he was given it would make me run! I wont sticky anything until it confirmed thats for sure.

19. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mn250 View Post
    Earlier in this thread I questioned the weights they told the OP based on what was listed on the link I provided from Minn Kota. I also question why they told him 10 pounds for a tilt bracket when if you look on amazon.com they list the product weight as 7.1 and the shipping weight as 7.4 pounds. If what information I found online was correct a set of 8's come in at 112 lbs and a set of 10's at 122. The 8 ft model is 38 lbs, universal side mount 18 pounds X 2 each =112 pounds. This is without tilt brackets because very few people need them due to 8 and 10 clearing most garage doors. Heck 8's sit lower than the motor. 112 pounds for a set of 8 footers in not that bad. They are heavier than Power Pole but still not that bad at 112 pounds for a set of shallow water anchors.

20. BBC SPONSOR
    huge variance, thank you for updating us.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast