Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    no but most tach's operate in the same manner apparently. I got this idea from several posts online and I have given out the same advice. It has worked 100% of the time. PLease be careful to listen to Don's note above. I rotated it all the over each way but Don says not to overdue it.

2. Member
    Maybe take a picture of the back of it to be sure.

3. Member
    Hello, and thank you for great advice over the years. I'm basically a reader and find searching usually locates the answer needed. Pardon me if I've overlooked this. How does a person find out what number or setting the tach should be ( on back of the tach where you insert a small flat headscrew driver) in the first place? I understand this is an old post and may buried more recent threads. If you stumble across this late post consider it a measage in a bottle thet just washed up on shore! Thanks,Jeff B.

4. Member
    Take look behind the tach. There is a dial usually with numbers. Remember the number you are pointing at before you dial it back and forth a dozen times. Then put it back on the number. Pay close attention as you are doing it. If you have no numbers to guide you, I am not sure how you would handle it.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpranger View Post
    Hello, and thank you for great advice over the years. I'm basically a reader and find searching usually locates the answer needed. Pardon me if I've overlooked this. How does a person find out what number or setting the tach should be ( on back of the tach where you insert a small flat headscrew driver) in the first place? I understand this is an old post and may buried more recent threads. If you stumble across this late post consider it a measage in a bottle thet just washed up on shore! Thanks,Jeff B.
    Good idea to open your own separate thread, and provide the Engine Info as well as info on the Tach itself. Different tachs may have different settings....

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12