Thread: Throttle Issue

Throttle Issue

I have a 2018 Z18 with a 175 Pro XS and have had a a problem with the motor reving up after coming of plane and putting it in neutral. The motor idles fine but once you put it in neutral it starts reviving up hitting the limiter and to get it to stop you have to smash the hot foot all the down a time or 2.

It has been in 2 different shops a total of 5 weeks including 1 dealer and they can’t figure out the issue.
    The motor was also beeping 4 or 6 times after cranking and they said that the throttle just needed to be adjusted and that would fix both issues.

Still having the issue hate for this thing to sit in the shop when all the tournament trails are starting up.

2. Member
    Have the throttle cable checked,it could be in a bind somewhere.

Prolly came loose at the hot foot. Get it checked. Simliar thing happened to me.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    I had similar issue with my Z21. It did not continue to rev up but would rev high enough (1,800 to 2,200 rpm) that you couldn’t put in neutral. Tighten the hootfoot adjustment as tight as you can.

5. Member
    Too many variables here. Checkout the hotfoot adjustment in the FAQ of the motor and make sure that your throttle returns to the idle stop EVERYTIME. The instructions will walk you through how to do that. Could be that or a bad TPS or even a tear in one of your fuel diaphragms or even something else.
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS

6. Member
    I have a 2015 Z7 that does the same thing.....and I don't have a hot foot! Probably 1 out of 4 times I come off pad it idles down then idles back up. Usually within 15 seconds to a minute it idles back down.

7. Member
    I have a 2015 Z7 that does the same thing.....and I don't have a hot foot! Probably 1 out of 4 times I come off pad it idles down then idles back up. Usually within 15 seconds to a minute it idles back down. It is a 175 pro xs also.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Genovese View Post
    I have a 2015 Z7 that does the same thing.....and I don't have a hot foot! Probably 1 out of 4 times I come off pad it idles down then idles back up. Usually within 15 seconds to a minute it idles back down. It is a 175 pro xs also.
    Hot foot or no hot foot... does your throttle arm return to idle all the way at the idle stop everytime in the cowling?
    2015 Nitro Z-7 175 Pro XS