Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by falconpilot View Post
    Pitch up 2 over stock...for most props...maybe 3 for Bravo 1 XS's...depends on boat as well..
    Thanks for the input

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Nobody said it wasn't possible.
    I personally wondered what Yamaha does to pull 100hp out of a 4-stroke engine.
    Hydrotech guys have it figured out! It’s crazy some of the mph these guys are putting up with sho’s! If I’m not mistaken they hive hit 114mph with a 21 Stroker with a sho

It's easy to pull power out of newer injected 4s... lot of companies been doing it for years... I know for a fact motorcycle manufacturers have been. Reduce injector timing/pulse width, reduce air flow, retard timing, amongst other things.
    Last edited by J Risco; 01-12-2019 at 11:26 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

4. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    I’d recommend a 26 T-2 vmax sho prop or a 27 T-2. The sho likes high rpms. I prop mine to run as close to 6200 as possible
    What about a Razor 4XL ?

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    What about a Razor 4XL ?
    I have a 28 Razor 4xl I’ll sell if you wanna try it. I don’t know anyone with a Skeeter running one. The Razor 4 xl performs really well but is not as fast top end as the T-2 vmax prop.

6. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WPC3 View Post
    I have a 28 Razor 4xl I’ll sell if you wanna try it. I don’t know anyone with a Skeeter running one. The Razor 4 xl performs really well but is not as fast top end as the T-2 vmax prop.
    Isn't that a little too much pitch? I was thinking it should be about a 25p.

7. Member
    Isn't that a little too much pitch? I was thinking it should be about a 25p.
    yeah probably so. I think if you looking for good top end you should stick with the large diameter 3 blades

8. Member
    The hp is already there guys . Factory de tunes them to the hp required . 200 225 or 250 . Motor is born a 300 hp plus eng to begin with .

We have been flashing these engines for over 10 years! Need to prop 6000 to 6200 rpm

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Worthy View Post
    We have been flashing these engines for over 10 years! Need to prop 6000 to 6200 rpm
    For sho��

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tee1967 View Post
    I'm not saying it can't be done but I'm questioning if it can be done with just an ECU upgrade.

So the stock injectors are going to handle that much extra flow??? and the intake runners and head are going to handle the extra air movement it takes to make 300 horsepower?

I'm just asking the question, because I'm just an old dumbass drag racer.
    I agree w you 100 percent. Drag racer here also.

I've said it a few times on here that 100hp isnt possible from just computer controlled changes. Instantly I was dismissed. You know in an auto engine it isn't possible. Super/turbo applications yes...NA...no.

But...fwiw...they do flash em and they do increase in mph. A local guy had a flashed 250 sho on a bug. Idk what hull it was. Late model, 2 to 3 years old. Buddy has a 21x bullet 250 PXS. Nobody outran him last year at one of the local jackpots. Another guy has a a 10 year old or so older bug w an alleged non flashed 250 sho. Buddy's Bullet is consistently 4 to 5 mph faster than the older skeeter when the flag drops. Dude w the late model sho fished a few nights. The flashed bug ran right in between buddy's Bullet and the older non flashed bug. Without knowing the hulls i question, I know it's not apples to apples.

Same guy that had the flashed sho/bug, just bought a 920 bird w a 250 sho. Ran 77 by himself a couple weeks ago. I assume light load?. He sent his wheel to Mark and is having it flashed as well. Be interesting to see the results.

Anyway I contend that the 50 to 100 flash isnt an actual 50hp to 100 hp flash. Dont care what Yamahas dyno charts say.

I’m thinking these motors have VVT (variable valve timing). That’s basically an infinitely adjust camshaft controller by a computer. Factor in VVT, injector pulse width, timing, etc. and a 100 hp tune is certainly achievable.

13. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    You should see some of the tunes and HP increases they are getting with a 3.5L Ecoboost... 125+ HP. Can't say it's not possible on the new engines, especially the turbo versions and diesels.

14. Member
    You should see some of the tunes and HP increases they are getting with a 3.5L Ecoboost... 125+ HP. Can't say it's not possible on the new engines, especially the turbo versions and diesels.
    Of course it is easily achievable with power adders...turn the boost up and bang. Seems obvious. Naturally aspirated, not so much.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cody161 View Post
    I’m thinking these motors have VVT (variable valve timing). That’s basically an infinitely adjust camshaft controller by a computer. Factor in VVT, injector pulse width, timing, etc. and a 100 hp tune is certainly achievable.
    I haven't seen an auto engine tuner/flash/chip (non power adder (turbo/super) that can pull a claimed 100 horses? I get what your saying, but 100hp is pretty dreamy, imo.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cody161 View Post
    I haven't seen an auto engine tuner/flash/chip that can pull a claimed 100 horses? I get what your saying, but .4 hp/cubic inch increase with a tune seems dreamy to me.

17. Member
    Double post. Sorry.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    I haven't seen an auto engine tuner/flash/chip (non power adder (turbo/super) that can pull a claimed 100 horses? I get what your saying, but 100hp is pretty dreamy, imo.
    I agree!

19. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    I can tell you of one boat with a 200HP SHO that has the ECU flash, and it added over 15 mph above stock. Of course the prop was also pitched up by 2.

20. Banned
    Don't think of it in reverse. A flash isn't "adding" power. It's just returning it to the factory potential.
    And many people posting are correct; you can't simply flash from 200hp to 300hp in a naturally aspirated 4-stroke. Increased injector flow rates mean nothing and don't add power, unless you're adding more air. As well, you can only take out so much ignition timing advance before the motor will run very hot.
    While I know nothing of the inner workings of the SHO, there are only two things that can take/add 100hp out of this motor; cam lift and duration, and much more likely, electronic throttle control.
    Last edited by Nova Kaw 650; 02-09-2019 at 08:31 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast