Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Fastbass Marine TV

I’m excited to announce the Fastbass Marine TV Channel is up. Check out the Fastbass Marine TV on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-g...48mllwiJncpZSg and subscribe to get updated when new videos are posted.

In talking with Tim Powell, we thought it would be fun to put out some testing videos on various high-performance boat accessories, props, and modifications. I'm sure more topics will come along related to high-performance boats and bass fishing in the future.

Obviously, this is done with personal budgets and using the boats we currently own or can get our hands on. Tim is waiting for his new hotrod and mine is basically put up for the winter. In the future, I will be looking to incorporate more boats and drivers. I plan to go to the rally's and bring my gear, so we can get a mix of boats, drivers, and motors. I’m also testing some new gadgets to get more data on the videos. For right now you are stuck with my boat as we get this thing kicked off.

I have two videos up on Fastbass Marine TV. One is the DBR testing that was done this fall, and the other is some interesting light wind testing I did. I will create separate topics for both on BBC. This post is just to let everyone know what is going on. Go out and check them out.

Stay tuned!!!!! The following topics are in the works. I’m open to additional ideas as well.

-MadEFI flywheel test (stock, after, with poles) (data collected and in editing)
    -Prop shootout #1 (26 Hoss, 28 P3, 32 P4 ) (filmed and in editing)
    -250xs 1.75’s vs 300xs 1.62's both running 30p Promax Side by Side Test. What closing speed, acceleration, and hole shot translate to on the water. (filmed and in editing)
    -How Power Poles Impact Performance (With or without poles, speed, and nose altitude)
    -4 way prop shootout #2 (28 Promax, 28 Bravo XS, 30 Promax, 30 Promax Worked)
    -4 way prop shootout #3 (32 P4, 34 P3, 32 Bravo, 32 Promax)
    -1.75’s vs 1.62’s 30 Promax (XB21 Prosport 300XS DBR & XB21 2+2 250XS)
    -Trolling Motor on vs. off performance.
    -Allison Skid Planner (original, cut, new version, removed)
    -Planing foil (with vs. without on heavy and light setups)
    -Pivoting holeshot plate underneath jackplate
    -300R vs. 300XS DBR (my favorite...)
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

2. Member
    Geoff, I haven't looked at the youtube channel yet but I will. It looks like you have put a ton of effort into this project. The testing was probably done previously as you have showed some in the past. Sound like a great start to a very exciting end. Keep it coming as I feel most will be glad to see and some may have a difficulty with what they see, I wont have any disbelief as I know your all stand up guys.

3. Member
    Very cool youtube page. My only problem is I can't get the volume to work on my lap top (no sound at all).

4. Member
    Very good. Keep them coming..

Narration and some music is coming Dean. Music is kind of a bugger. They splash adds up on your stuff. After watching the first few I realized they would be better if you saw someone and they talked. My first thought was to just have data and let that do the talking, but I realized I’m going to have to put someone in front of the camera. I believe Jay volunteered and hasn’t realized it yet.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

6. Member
    Very cool!!! Are you going to try and get some strokers and bullets to join in with you?

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Narration and some music is coming Dean. Music is kind of a bugger. They splash adds up on your stuff. After watching the first few I realized they would be better if you saw someone and they talked. My first thought was to just have data and let that do the talking, but I realized I’m going to have to put someone in front of the camera. I believe Jay volunteered and hasn’t realized it yet.
    Well I guess I don't mind volunteering to test run boats lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Darn right you are Jay.

Putting the the finishing touches on a the prop test right now. I’m really pumped about this video

yes, I will do some of this on Bullets and Strokers at the SOTW rally this spring. Just need volunteers.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    Awesome!

Xb2003 - 300xs
    100+ mph club

10. Member
    Great work Geoff

11. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I like this
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

12. Member
    I'm going to have to figure out how to bribe Geoff into managing my Youtube channel some day. He does good work cheap! LOL

Definitely looking fwd to seeing the one about power poles. They knock 4 mph off my top end.

14. Member
    Geoff for powerpoles peeps you need to do a back to back folded/not folded

15. Member
    Subscribed!!

Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Geoff for powerpoles peeps you need to do a back to back folded/not folded
    You would think with all the runs I have made, and how easy it is to fold and lock them in place, that I would have done this. Since installing the tilting brackets I have never run fast with them up. All the late fall testing I did was in such windy conditions that I felt blessed that I could run like I did at all. I didn't want to chance it.

Truthfully, I may disappoint here depending on expectations. I hadn't planned on running my big wheels for an all-out topend number. For safety, I was going to run either the 28 or 30 promax so I'm limited on the top end in the 96-99 range. That way I can go out and peg it with them down and turn around and make the same pass in the same conditions with them up. The 28 Promax is running 97/98 in 2500', so I'm not strung out for long with them up. It's one quick 25-second burst from 5-97.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Definitely looking fwd to seeing the one about power poles. They knock 4 mph off my top end.
    I wonder if mine is killing 4 mph. If they are I would be at 99.6 on my best run instead of that 95.6. Still a wee bit short of getting a sticker and tee shirt! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    I wonder if mine is killing 4 mph. If they are I would be at 99.6 on my best run instead of that 95.6. Still a wee bit short of getting a sticker and tee shirt! LOL
    I think the air flows between the motor and the poles until the high 70's low 80's. Then I think the air stops flowing between the poles and the motor and creates one big air dam. Could be wrong but, this is my experience. I had a small prop that would run 82 before the pole will only run 78 now. Since then, I have got rid of alot of weight and have not had a chance to make a topened run. I removed 25# of trolling motor weight by changing from a 52" fortrex to a 45" Terrova and removed two batteries they weighed a total of 140# and replaced them with Lithiums that weigh 30#. I also removed my on board charger that weighed 15#. So I have removed 150 pounds of weight.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 01-05-2019 at 12:33 PM.

Awesome job guys. Looking forward to the future content!
    Brad Luchsinger

2003 Allison XB-21 BasSport 2+2
    2004 Mercury Racing 250XS

1998 Xpress X70
    1998 Yamaha Vmax 150 TRP

2002 Triton 200XP

20. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post

And you are at 95.6 with a 300/1.62's and what prop Johnny?? What set back, height and water pressure? Not doubting just wondering...something for me to shoot for!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast