shopping for bigger water tin boat

I am shopping for a tin boat that can be used for bass fishing and can handle bigger water than my RT. I am working a deal on a Lund 2075XS. Has anyone spent any time in one? What motor would recommend, Mercury 250 DTS 4 Stk or Honda BF 250 AXA?

2. Banned
    Were it me, I'd either do the bullet proof Honda or get the Verado. Don't know enough about the new 4 strokes as far as longevity. The Verado has power steering and electronic controls and optional electronic hot foot. Nice thing is you don't lose the function of the forward controls with the hot foot.

3. Member
    Lots of guys have run the Verado on the 2075XS. It’s a known entity that has predictably good performance on that hull. I’d go with that.

I have the 250 Pro XS on mine and it does well with that also.

4. Member
    I have that boat with a pro verado. Very satisfied and I love that power steering. Can't say about a Honda. There's not hardly any mechanics here for a honda so that and resale made it easy decision.

5. Member
    Don't think the supercharged verado is still available? I thought they'd been replaced by the V8, which they do a verado version of? Id get the Merc V8. It's got a warranty and hopefully they've done enough testing to it. As long as you have a good dealer then hopefully any issues would get fixed quickly. I'm sure the resale would be higher with the Merc, as long as the V8 isn't a complete turkey, which is unlikely.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    Don't think the supercharged verado is still available? I thought they'd been replaced by the V8, which they do a verado version of? Id get the Merc V8. It's got a warranty and hopefully they've done enough testing to it. As long as you have a good dealer then hopefully any issues would get fixed quickly. I'm sure the resale would be higher with the Merc, as long as the V8 isn't a complete turkey, which is unlikely.
    https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...do/250-350-hp/

7. Member
    According to the link only the 350 and 400 are the supercharged v6, the 250 and 300 are the V8

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kelly View Post
    According to the link only the 350 and 400 are the supercharged v6, the 250 and 300 are the V8
    Looks like you are correct

9. Banned
    Local shop has a 2075 Pro V bass xs with the new merc 250 v8. It's a massive rig, tons of space and storage especially in the xs model. I know a few guys here running them. The only down fall is its speed, but rids like a Cadillac. The Honda would be bullet proof but you would get way better performance outta that new merc v8. Good luck, if I was in the market for a tin the pro v bass is at the top of my list.

10. Member
    i have a nice 1875 listed on boats for sale 200 opti 60mph loaded with extras,save about 20 thousand, like new

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBW View Post
    i have a nice 1875 listed on boats for sale 200 opti 60mph loaded with extras,save about 20 thousand, like new
    Thanks for the offer but I have a RT198 now and was looking for something larger.

12. Member
    The 2075 w/ 250 Merc and 15hp Pro-Kicker is very popular on the great lakes. There is also a 2075 Magnum model that is configured really well as a big water troller. https://www.lundboats.com/boat-models/2075-tyee-magnum/ As well as the 2075 ProV bass. ---I must apologize....But when you say bigger water my thoughts went to trolling on the Great Lakes. ;) 2075 Pro V Bass has the same hull... as boat I mentioned... just different freeboard and interior.
    Last edited by T-Mac; 01-12-2019 at 08:26 PM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    Thanks for the offer but I have a RT198 now and was looking for something larger.
    how much are you looking to get out of your rt198?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zred View Post
    how much are you looking to get out of your rt198?
    Plan on keeping it. It works well for me on the ponds and rivers close by that I fish.