Thread: Broken Ultrex

Broken Ultrex

I just received my ultrex back from the asc. When i installed it this broke.

I called him about it immediately and was told it was not covered under warranty and a pain to repair. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

2. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Mine broke in the same spot, due to transducer cord getting hung causing this piece to break.

Im just going to wrap it in some black tape it does look like a pain to replace.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

3. Member
    It is not a warranty repair, however, it something else is being repaired that requires removal of the harness, MinnKota will pay for the new piece to go on the harness. The repair takes about an hour as you have to disconnect all wiring from the footpedal, remove the sheath, then install that piece, sheath, lower strain releif and reconnect wiring. The warranty cover defective parts and workmanship. That is neither.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thanks for the input John but can you explain how its not a defective part. I picked up the pedal to place it in the tray and it snapped.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTTI View Post
    Thanks for the input John but can you explain how its not a defective part. I picked up the pedal to place it in the tray and it snapped.
    Mine is broken in the same place and my son's showed up like that brand new out of the box. In my opinion the bezel that is broken is a cheap piece of plastic, and will break again when replaced. The older Minn Kota trolling motors have a much softer or flexible bezel that goes into the head. That is what should have been put on the $2200 Ultrex in the first place.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTTI View Post
    I said it wasn't defective, not that it wasn't a poor design. It's hard plastic and when you put the weight of the pedal against the plastic, it's going to break, just like putting the weight of anything against thin plastic. Also, if you put the cable in such a way as it pushes up on the top, it's going to break.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

7. Member
    To me a poor design leads to a defective part but hay what do i know I'm only the consumer. Again thanks for your knowledge and support on bbc its always appreciated.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

8. Member
    I will wait one year more for buy it...

9. Member
    This or any other issue short of something catastrophic wouldn't keep me from owning one. There really that good.

2018 Ranger z520L
    2020 250 Pro XS
    2B694324

10. Member
    Mine broke worse than yours. Yes it’s a crappy design. Mine broke in the cold my cable was laying over my graph I grabbed it to move to the side and it shattered.
    Nitro z21

11. Member
    Buy one of those TH marine covers ! slide it over the broken part ! & forget its even there !

12. Member
    This is why I had mine professionally installed by an authorized dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    This is why I had mine professionally installed by an authorized dealer.