Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Drew...your IM is full. Tried to send you a PM.
    sorry about that I will fix that now
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6 View Post
    Do they have a leash for the merc 4 strokes? The original could not fit in the opening. Thank you.
    not yet, this same design isn't going to work but they have been working on it.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater Bass View Post
    I readily admit I don't follow every TX trail across the country so I might have missed something however I don't see a need for this device. How many "events" occured in say the last 5 years where this would have prevented an injury or death? Less than .5 % of boats in operation? If this were a true concern we would hear more about it and event organizers would start looking at them as a potential safety equipment requirement. Your boat do what you want with it.

Alot of the college events now require that you run the leash. Whether it be monetarily or safety motivated, you cant fish em without one
    They aint got hands, set the hook

4. Member
    Hello guys, Corey with The LEASH. It is always great to see conversation on forum's about our product and boating safety in general. We have several exciting things happening in 2019 and I wanted to share with you all here on BBC. First off we want to announce that we will have product available for the new Mercury Pro XS four stroke (75 H.P. to 250 H.P.) later this month. We are also excited to be able to offer our product at a new lower price ($269.99) our website will be updated next week, if you would like order product before then you can use the Promo code ( LEASHBBC ) at check out for our new lower price. We are also introducing our universal "MAX Bracket" that attaches to both the upper and lower transom bolts for maximum holding power. If you have questions regarding our products give me a ring directly or contact Andrew Council with Drew-Tek or Scott Bird with LED night fishing lights both are board sponsors, great guys and carry our product. Be safe out there, Corey

5. Member
    You need to fix your checkout. Lol after applying the code my full price comes out to $89.94. I didn't place an order because I know that is wrong and would not expect that price.

6. Member
    I own several leashes. None for my boat or my dogs.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    You need to fix your checkout. Lol after applying the code my full price comes out to $89.94. I didn't place an order because I know that is wrong and would not expect that price.
    sent you a PM
    info@drewcraft.com

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    here is the link to my website http://www.drew-tek.com/parts/product/the-leash/

contact me for special BBC discount
    info@drewcraft.com

9. Member
    Interesting thread....
    2015 Ranger rt188/115 Etec

10. Georgia Fishing Reports Moderator
    About 10 years ago one of the guys in my club hit a log at about 45 going down the Savannah River. His Johnson landed on his back deck and the spinning prop just inched from the back of his head. Lucky for him minor transom damage.

I use one and would not be without it.. Will it absolutely stop the motor from coming into the boat? Hope I never have the opportunity to find out, but I know one thing for sure - nothing is gonna stop it if you don't have one!

Years ago my squad came under mortar attack - we took cover. It was no guarantee we still weren't gonna get hit but it was a hell of alot safer than standing in the open and waving!!

For the cost of a couple bottles of scotch I'll take the added precaution....

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by smp005; 01-05-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

12. Member
    Well I did order mine. I think my kids and wife are worth a little money. I hope I never have to find out how well it works. It just make sense to me and new price was the tipping point for me.

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Thanks for the orders guys

info@drewcraft.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    You just proved my point... If... If... If... When it's you time... Dan
    Prove you believe what you say, ditch the kill switch, life jackets and seat belts. Nothing will save you when it is your time to go.

P01135809

15. Member
    Wrong post
    Last edited by JHenry; 01-05-2019 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Wrong post

16. Member
    Ordered mine and the lower price push me over the edge... Been looking at these for a while now and I can justify the need. Now that my son fishes with me I’m a little more cautious.

17. mikesxpress
    Corey can you publish some 3rd party independent test data that shows the Leash will work as advertised?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Corey can you publish some 3rd party independent test data that shows the Leash will work as advertised?

Thats exactly what’s needed. I suspect it hasn’t been done because it would be wickedly expensive. Multiple boats, multiple engines of different HP, manufacturers, etc. Tested at various speeds, trim angles, jack plate height, etc.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MN1965 View Post
    Thats exactly what’s needed. I suspect it hasn’t been done because it would be wickedly expensive. Multiple boats, multiple engines of different HP, manufacturers, etc. Tested at various speeds, trim angles, jack plate height, etc.
    Agree. It would probably take more than he could ever make in his life to pay for all this. Until then, a little common sense would tell you that it has to help some.

20. Member
    We all make choices every day. If it makes you feel safer by having a Leash on your motor then buy one. I won’t use a inflatable pfd.
    Just doesn’t feel safe with one. I also carry a PLB, whistle and strobe light in the pocket of my pfd. Will I ever need them, probably not. But it makes me feel better. We all can argue what if. I know I spend a whole lot more on fishing equipment every year the cost of the Leash. It’s your choice, do what makes you feel safe. Just my $.02.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast