Thread: the Day ?

the Day ?

I did not want to hijack another thread so I posted this one.

sdbrison posted a scripture from the epistle to the Hebrews in regards to attending church .

"as you see the Day drawing near"

What "Day" was drawing near for those Hebrews residing in Jerusalem in the first century ?

2. Member
    To my understanding it was "the day" of Christ's returning. Every day it gets closer, no matter how long it takes.

3. Member
    Cajun, Yes I agree. The great and terrible day of the Lord...………………….second appearing, end of days days ect.

About 35-40 years prior to the author penning the epistle to the Hebrews , Jesus himself sat his disciples down after leaving Jerusalem and heading to the Mount of Olives to answer some very specific questions about His return.

The questions the disciples asked are clear, concise and to the point. Jesus' answers were even more so.

You can read the disciples question in Mathew 24 verses 1-3

You can read Jesus' answer to their questions in Mathew 24, 25 and 26

Jesus was clear as to when it would occur. Read it closely, NOT WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN TAUGHT TO BELIEVE BUT ACTUALLY WHAT JESUS TAUGHT.

Through Jesus' teaching on the mount of olives regarding the end times...………………………………..The disciples could and did easily identify the timing of His coming because Jesus himself told them what to look for. Therefore, all of the NT documents clearly say and teach the imminence of His coming in their lifetime.

4. Member
    Mark 13 and Luke 21 you can find the same story.