8' power pole blade?

Im new to the shallow water anchors, so bear with me. I have a new 2019 ranger 2080 angler (multi species) coming and thinking of putting an 8' Power Pole blade w/drift paddle on the starboard side as I will have a pro kicker on the port side. this would be used for launching/loading and some shallow water panfishing with grandkids, but also using the drift paddle for assisting in controlled drifts in deep water. The paddle accessory is what's drawing me to the power pole vs a Talon. Trying to way the benefits in attaching one to the aft. Then how are they mounted and which style of brackets does one use with it. My Pro xs 250 4s will be mounted to the transom w/o a jack plate. I do most of my own rigging. Thanks
    Last edited by BCLII; 01-03-2019 at 12:31 PM. Reason: added kicker

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    If you do not have a jackplate installed then you will have to use whats called a MTOS adapter (mercury) that will go between the transom and your motor. This will require you unbolting the outboard from the transom to install the spacer on the port side and the MTOS adpater bracket on the starboard side. Then you will use use a normal Jackplate side mount bracket bolted to the MTOS. You have to go this route rather then using a traditional sandwich bracket to not void your Mercury Warranty. If it was a non mercury application you could just use the sandwich mount bracket. If it were me I would try to negotiate having Ranger put on a 6 manual slidemaster jackplate. This will avoid you having to go with the MTOS bracket that costs you money and really does nothing for you except comply to Mercurys warranty. I would rather see you put that MTOS money into a jackplate. Mounting at that point will be a breeze and you will only have to purchase the Starboard side jackplate bracket and you will have the added performance benefits of the jackplate. Any questions I would be happy to help.
    Last edited by KandKKustomz; 01-03-2019 at 01:19 PM.

3. Member
    ok thanks. I would like to believe ranger will be shipping it north soon as it was ordered back in sept. Don't see that many jack plates up north on multi species boats except on the Skeeters as they just come as standard equipment. I'm not interested in putting on a jack plate. performance is not a factor. I will look into having the MTOS installed, then ill take it from there by ordering and installing a 8' blade.

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by BCLII View Post
    ok thanks. I would like to believe ranger will be shipping it north soon as it was ordered back in sept. Don't see that many jack plates up north on multi species boats except on the Skeeters as they just come as standard equipment. I'm not interested in putting on a jack plate. performance is not a factor. I will look into having the MTOS installed, then ill take it from there by ordering and installing a 8' blade.
    Sounds like a plan. Let us know when your ready to order happy to give you a quote.

5. Member
    I am adding drift paddles to my 8' blades and another reason I went with blades. Customer service is top notch and if you have an older pole you can still get parts!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by javelin90 View Post
    I am adding drift paddles to my 8' blades and another reason I went with blades. Customer service is top notch and if you have an older pole you can still get parts!
    Have you experienced using the paddles before?