How was your 2018? Goals for 2019?

My 2018 was good. My wife and I started a side business. We both broke our PB's for smallmouth, she broke hers a couple times! We fished a tourney circuit together, but never placed in the money. Crappie fishing with my Grandpa. All in all we had a great year of fishing.

Goals for 2019: Grow our side business. I want to get my wife a smallie over 4.5# (current PB is 3.83). Win a tourney together. More crappie fishing with my Grandpa. Take someone out that either does not fish or does not fish much. And of course spend as much time as I can on the water.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive

2. Member
    Like you, I find it a good time of the year to reflect and plan.

My 2018 sucked re fishing. Yes, I went to St. Clair twice, but all local fishing in and around Cincy was mediocre at best. Plus, the fall fishing I love to do on the Ohio never materialized due to inclement weather and/or water conditions.

Somewhat similar circumstances job wise: started a new job after being out of work for 6 mos, and now companies are calling for me to help part-time (safety agency expert). Economy is stronger, but my previous employer of 21+ years is on the ropes financially - go figure. I hope to increase my income a little with side work, but really want to fish more with my oldest. Since he got married 2 years ago it is hit-or-miss fishing plans-wise.

I too took a person-new-to-fishing, the paperboy. He's seen the Basscat when the garage doors are open and his mom walks him around during collection time. Nice young man who misses his father. Didn't catch much, but he did enjoy the morning, and asked if we could do it again lol. It's awesome you can enjoy time with your gramps.

Wife and I hope to travel more, like out west, spread our wings a little. Heading to Phoenix in April for a week of hiking and relaxing, maybe get a guide to fish a lake there for a day.

Mike

3. BBC SPONSOR
    2018 fishing for me was the worst year I've ever had that I can remember. Everything else besides fishing went very well. So not having a good fishing year is not really important in the big picture.

2019 I'm hoping the fishing will be much better, and everything else keeps going well.