Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    But it's OK for guys like pitbully to let the whole world know what boat and truck he runs by having it plastered on the bottom of every post he makes?!?! Lmfao!!! Zero difference. Lots of guys with siggys on here listing all their gear giving free advertising to the manufacturer or are they getting paid to have it there?
    That's what I was thinking!!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Agreed. Don't put any of that shit on my boat until someone starts paying me for them...

Never understand why people plaster that shit all over their boat and not get paid for it. To look like a pro?

Thats me. I am kind of like Ron White. "Hey Ron what kind of liqour do you drink." Ron "Depends on how much there gonna pay me."

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    But it's OK for guys like pitbully to let the whole world know what boat and truck he runs by having it plastered on the bottom of every post he makes?!?! Lmfao!!! Zero difference. Lots of guys with siggys on here listing all their gear giving free advertising to the manufacturer or are they getting paid to have it there?
    I’m on the fence with this. A purpose of a decal is for attention and nothing else. By putting them all over your boat you look like a poser who is more in love with the idea of looking like a pro than actually fishing. That said, I put up decals on my bass boat to support a friends bait business, friends tackle shop, or for incentive programs like Lews or Costa. I have no problem with people putting some decals on their boat and sometimes it actually looks really good. moderation is key. The more flashy you get, the bigger of a poser you look like so get ready for you to be called out at the dock or on the lake. I’m not just saying it to argue your point, Ive seen it happen personally from both random weekend guys to BFL tournament anglers. They will call you out on it and it’s quite comical. But in the end it’s your boat and do whatever you want with it.

As far as people posting their boat it’s a big difference between saying what you run to help identify you, and posting your brands and that you like to draw attention to yourself. 90% of the time people post their boat as a signature it’s to help identify each other especially out on the water. We aren’t promoting the brand to say, just letting others know what we run and sometimes you get questions about set up or issues and whatever.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Hey come on. If you don't like decals then don't put them on your boat. I like them and most of the time most boats I see look cool with them. However in the long run it doesn't matter one bit what I think, it's not my boat.

So to answer a question do I have them on my boat? You are darn right I do and I could care less what you think. They are all pink. In fact they have this nice pink ribbon with them. I have two sweet pink carpet decals, one has the words Skeeter and the other YAMAHA flanked with these pink ribbons. I have a few additional of these pink ribbons on the top cap and a nice big one on back of the 250 SHO.

Honestly I love the carpet decals.

In any event you can guess my wife had a little battle all of last year. So if no one likes my pink decals I say life is short and worry about your own boat.

Remember it's your boat and deck it out how you like it. If they call you a poser just be thankful they are not your neighbor. They would probably remind you that you did not cut your grass or you make to much noise. You get my point about these types.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fx20 2011 View Post
    Hey come on. If you don't like decals then don't put them on your boat. I like them and most of the time most boats I see look cool with them. However in the long run it doesn't matter one bit what I think, it's not my boat.

So to answer a question do I have them on my boat? You are darn right I do and I could care less what you think. They are all pink. In fact they have this nice pink ribbon with them. I have two sweet pink carpet decals, one has the words Skeeter and the other YAMAHA flanked with these pink ribbons. I have a few additional of these pink ribbons on the top cap and a nice big one on back of the 250 SHO.

Honestly I love the carpet decals.

In any event you can guess my wife had a little battle all of last year. So if no one likes my pink decals I say life is short and worry about your own boat.

Remember it's your boat and deck it out how you like it. If they call you a poser just be thankful they are not your neighbor. They would probably remind you that you did not cut your grass or you make to much noise. You get my point about these types.
    You know what man, you are right. I was trying to just say that I’ve seen people get harassed over decals that do not have any meaning behind them other than just for attention to one’s self, not a specific cause. Sorry if my post came across as offensive to you. Decals supporting a cause is something show proudly. But you are right, In the end just be proud of the boat you run and get out and fish.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

6. Member
    Lol, was never ever offended. Never a need to apologize for an opinion to me. But I really do love carpet decals. I have never stuck a hook in them unlike the carpet. In addition coffee and Gatorade spills clean up fast with no stains. I have over 40 fishing trips on them and they look like new. Also they are not slippery at all.

Congrats on the boat its good your excited about it and that’s all that matters. Most of your questions were answered and theres a lot of valuable info found here. IMO put whatever you want on it who cares what others think. Good luck
    2014 Ranger Z518c - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Humminbird

Spend as little as possible because it will not be long you will want another. Then you will better know what you want for what you do.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

9. Member
    Thank you everyone for the help and advice.
    some guys like decals some don’t. To each their own.
    at the end of the day we all have one goal..... to fish.
    i see skinny guys at the gym who use lifting chalk and the guys who laugh at them are the juice heads who throw weights across the room and scream like they’re dying every rep.
    it is what it is.
    It’s your body, boat, car, house.....do whatever makes you happy.
    we need more people like @fx20 2011 in this world.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123