Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    t50... you have provided some pretty impressive HB screen shots. Thanks. You didn't exactly provide apples to apples Lowrance-Hummin'bird in that you chose a pretty bad palette and had a temporary mount for the 3D transducer. Get rid of the prop wash, solid mount the 3D transducer change the palette and it looks like the images would be very similar. That the 3D transducer was 5' from the motor is irrelevant - it's was not mounted in an optimum position or in an optimum way. It might not be prop wash even though that's what it looks like.

That you're P.O.'d with Lowrance and their equipment is understandable - you have my empathy ... been there done that. I looked hard at Hummin'bird when I was going through my ordeal with Lowrance but... there were limitation on transducer inputs I did not like. I was considering an 8610 and the SD card slot located on the back of the unit was a non-starter for me. I called HB to inquire if HB supported my Airmar TM185HW. Gal told me I needed to call Airmar. I didn't ask how to do it or what pieces/parts were required just "will it work". She would not answer the question. I ask to speak to someone else in tech support and she said - verbatim "Honey - I am tech support!" End of discussion.
    yupitsme, here are some shots I took on the same day, but on a different palette color. In the first batch, Carbon with the SS3D the second batch is a Carbon with 3:1. Those 3:1 pics are not bad at all. You could live with those. c4.pngc5.pngc6.pngand the second batch with the 3:1c1.pngc2.pngc3.pngI have two hours experience with the Carbon SS3D combo, so I know it will get better, it is those things beside the picture quality that pisses me off.

2. Scraps
    Fish Reveal sux, hype about nothing.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracker50 View Post
    yupitsme, here are some shots I took on the same day, but on a different palette color. In the first batch, Carbon with the SS3D the second batch is a Carbon with 3:1. Those 3:1 pics are not bad at all. You could live with those. c4.pngc5.pngc6.pngand the second batch with the 3:1c1.pngc2.pngc3.pngI have two hours experience with the Carbon SS3D combo, so I know it will get better, it is those things beside the picture quality that pisses me off.
    I hear ya'!

Yeah, those 3-in-1's look pretty stinkin' good. Funny thing is. I tried the 2-in-1 with my carbon and it was pretty stinkin' bad. That was before all the available 19.x and 20.x updates. I went through a lot to get the images I'm getting today and have no interest in tinkerin' with anymore updates! One thing about posting screen captures, lowrance for sure and don't know about HB, is the posted image never looks quite as good as the real time imagery - wonder why that is?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    One thing about posting screen captures, lowrance for sure and don't know about HB, is the posted image never looks quite as good as the real time imagery - wonder why that is?
    Likely is the compression, I now my images I posted on iCloud look as good as they looked on the unit, the forum postings seem to lose a little...
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Fish Reveal sux, hype about nothing.
    Not so sure about this statement..
    Last year I won a tournament...was fishing off the bank in 8-14', marked a stump with grass an noticed some bait..I had marked afew spots like this throughout the day and fished the crap out of them but they didnt produce..went through my settings and noticed fish reveal was off. Turned it on and re-graphed area and fish arc appeared everywhere, went back to re-graph the other spots an no arc's. Went back to stump first cast 3+ largemouth..2nd cast lost same size fish at the boat 3rd cast 2lber...

Without fish reveal and the way things were going that day I think I would have just move on to graph more areas if I had not seen all the arc's and how they were stacked on that stump

Just my .02$
    Basscat P4

Want your Lowrance graphs fine tuned?? Get you one of these... Sea Clear Power wiring harness...couple with CMaps and you're good to go... crystal clear images.. Very easy to rig..

https://seaclearpower.com/
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    Both units are great units, humminbird and lowrance, and are capable of producing some fine images. Goes without saying that you have to fine tune either unit and get to know it well. You'll see the only difference will be that it's quicker to navigate with the carbon because of the touchscreen, hence that's why a lot of pros promoted lowrance in recent years. 'Time' is money when it comes to tournament fishing.

For me, I don't make a living fishing so I'm completely happy with my helix G3Ns. Awesome units, took some time on the water to learn how to navigate through what I needed most but after that...jaw dropping images, I was completely amazed and that's the truth.

8. Member
    Do the hummingbird units offer engine interface to overlay functions? I know nothing about birds...just curious if the data like fuel pressures, speeds, voltage, and so on can be added to the screens.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCranks View Post
    Do the hummingbird units offer engine interface to overlay functions? I know nothing about birds...just curious if the data like fuel pressures, speeds, voltage, and so on can be added to the screens.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345