Thread: Picanha

Picanha

I tried a new cut of steak for me tonight Brazilian Picanha. I seasoned with course salt and put them in the Sous Vide bath at 135 degree for 2 hours then patted dry with paper towels and seared with a hand torch. Plated with a salad and it was very good. Moist, flavorful and very tender.

I still prefer ribeye but liked it well enough to do again. Here's a couple of pics.

Last edited by RNF; 01-02-2019 at 10:44 PM.

2. Member
    Looks great. What type of side is that you had with it?
    2007 Bass Cat Pantera IV
    2018 G3 Sportsman 1710

3. Member
    Where did you get it ? Ive been following a guy on YouTube that loves it but I'm not sure where to find that cut. Looks wise the texture almost makes me think it would be a bit like brisket.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Where did you get it ? Ive been following a guy on YouTube that loves it but I'm not sure where to find that cut. Looks wise the texture almost makes me think it would be a bit like brisket.
    Sirloin Cap, or Rump Cap. If you have a local butcher, request this cut and request that they do not trim the fat, it makes cooking it easier.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape Fear View Post
    Looks great. What type of side is that you had with it?
    Asian salad

I went to the local butcher shop and
    asked for a Picanha steak and they had one was kind of surprised they had it.I purchased the whole cap and sliced it into steaks myself.