merc nmea gateway??

new pro xs coming wanna ditch the guages. and go full digital.. mount a 1022xs to cover all my guages
    so I have a 1222 and 922 and full nmea setup for antennas and fuel flow. do I just need merc nmea fo get onscreen or do I need merc guage too?.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Not sure if its a 2 or 4 stroke and if they are ALL the same but i'm speaking from what i have, a 14' 200 Pro XS......my understanding they dont "speak" NMEA 2000, therefore you need a gateway of sort to get the data converted to NMEA 2000. Personally, i never wanted to go full digital cause with Lowrance you just never knew when the unit would quite and then be left with no gauges......i went with the MercMonitor (Level 1) and with that it has a NMEA 2000 pigtail that can be attached to the N2K network. It will display information that is already there, like water pressure, rpm's, fuel used etc. but other things require additional add-ons/replacements.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Agree with fishin couillon. Merc sells a NMEA2K gateway, but for around the same money, you can get the MercMonitor lvl1 with a gateway pigtail on it. If you have a digital control motor (DTS), I would go with a level 2 to get the Troll Control, Towing control, and additional data readouts plus you still get the NMEA2K gateway to push data to the Garmin MFDs. Merc also sells the VesselView Link which is a 2 way NMEA2K device that provides all the SmartCraft data to your MFD, but will allow you to control certain things if your MFD is a higher level Lowrance or Simrad (Navico brands).

4. Member
    so maybe just get a merc monitor lvl2 and if I want nmea it to my current helmet unit.. no sense buying the fancy guage only to cover it with another screen. I'd lose troll control and other merc features.

the lvl 2 should show vitals I need and will pop up an alert if water temp or oil pressure needs attention.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff