Thread: “LEASH”

“LEASH”

Has anyone made a leash for their motor? I know they sell them but Jw if anyone has made one

Haven’t made or used one. Have actually thought about it in the past. It only takes that one time I guess.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Member
    Yeah kinda my thoughts... $400 though... for something I’m pretty sure you could make? Just like my humminbird mega transducer I made to fit on my jackplate... bird wants $100 for the bracket lol

Yeah, $400, ain’t happenin. I’ll make one. I fab a lot stuff, including brackets. I made my holeshot and top plate, I’ll be putting them on before long.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    Hey guys this is Corey with the Leash. We are excited to announce our 2019 pricing with our gen2 products being offered at $269.99. Each and every one of our units are still handmade here in the good Ole USA. Drop me a line or give me a call if you have any questions.

so, what is the leash hooked to? What is the breaking strength of those bolts? Main question i have is the motor is designed to kick up- bypassing the hydraulics of the trim unit therefore theoretically not breaking anything. If you have the leash on there, and it actually held, (15,000 lbs wouldnt be hard to reach i wouldnt think if you hit something substantial) wouldnt it just shear off the lower unit causing more damage than if you just let the motor work as designed? How many times has a motor flipped over into a boat- not counting little clamp on motors on jonboats? Ive seen a few motors sheared off in my day from hitting obstructions and every one, broken in multiple places, went straight off the back. This happens a lot in the duck woods and ive never seen one come into the boat even free tilting motors with no power trim- which id think would be way more likely to happen

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    so, what is the leash hooked to? What is the breaking strength of those bolts? Main question i have is the motor is designed to kick up- bypassing the hydraulics of the trim unit therefore theoretically not breaking anything. If you have the leash on there, and it actually held, (15,000 lbs wouldnt be hard to reach i wouldnt think if you hit something substantial) wouldnt it just shear off the lower unit causing more damage than if you just let the motor work as designed? How many times has a motor flipped over into a boat- not counting little clamp on motors on jonboats? Ive seen a few motors sheared off in my day from hitting obstructions and every one, broken in multiple places, went straight off the back. This happens a lot in the duck woods and ive never seen one come into the boat even free tilting motors with no power trim- which id think would be way more likely to happen
    Get on facebook and ask rex chambers about his incident on wheeler lake in mallard creek several years ago. Very fortunate to be alive. Hit a stump and his 250 came into his Phoenix and injured him and his partner. Ive never heard of this product until reading this thread but i will probably look into it. Whats more important an insurance claim or you not coming home to your family?

We had a guy in our club that had his 200 Pro XS come onto the back of his Nitro when he hit a floater. Thankfully no major injuries but it definitely can happen.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreyfishing View Post
    Hey guys this is Corey with the Leash. We are excited to announce our 2019 pricing with our gen2 products being offered at $269.99. Each and every one of our units are still handmade here in the good Ole USA. Drop me a line or give me a call if you have any questions.
    When will that be reflected on your website? When I checked last night it hadn't changed yet.

10. Member
    Sorry for the delayed response I am not able to get on here much. If you will use the promo code LEASHBBC at check out you will get the 2019 pricing. Thanks , Corey

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyfishing View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response I am not able to get on here much. If you will use the promo code LEASHBBC at check out you will get the 2019 pricing. Thanks , Corey
    What about the questions ally ss asked about. It seems to be legitimates question.