Need Help converting to 24v

I have a 09 tracker pro team 190. Currently have 2 batteries and oiler and a charger in the only hole in the back of the boat next to the fuel tank. Any suggestions on where to locate battery #3. All suggestions will be appreciated. If you have done a similar task then what did you do?

Bump...trying to reply but can't. So, I broke my reply into separate posts and it worked.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I converted my Lund from 12v to 24v. I had one cranking battery in the rear and the TM battery was up font under my feet. I measured and remeasured many times and there was no way that 2 Group 27 TM batteries were going into the front battery compartment. And, they would also no go into either of the front storage compartments, as they were too shallow. I bought my 24 MK TM from John Jones and talked several times with him about the best solution to my dilemma on where to put the 2nd TM battery. This is how we solved the problem. I moved the cranking battery in the rear compartment backwards and put my 2nd TM battery in the rear compartment in front of the cranking battery.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

I ran a LONG jumper (@15 feet) from the TM battery in the rear of the boat to the TM battery in the front of the boat. It worked like a charm and has done so for 3 years now.

So, you don't have to locate your 2nd TM battery right next to the other one, if you don't have the room. Find a better spot for it and just run a long jumper between them. Also, be sure to upgrade your breaker, accordingly.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    So, you don't have to locate your 2nd TM battery right next to the other one, if you don't have the room. Find a better spot for it and just run a long jumper between them. Also, be sure to upgrade your breaker, accordingly.
    And make sure to use large enough wire for the run. I would suggest 6 gauge.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 07Tracker190 View Post
    I have a 09 tracker pro team 190. Currently have 2 batteries and oiler and a charger in the only hole in the back of the boat next to the fuel tank. Any suggestions on where to locate battery #3. All suggestions will be appreciated. If you have done a similar task then what did you do?
    Is the back layout of the 09 190 Tracker different than the 14? I have a 14 190 and am able to get all 3 batteries in the rear.

8. Member
    Another option is to also use your cranking battery as part of the setup and stay with a 2 battery 24V system. You have a smaller motor so cranking should not be a problem, and every time you crank up, one battery is charging.

Quote Originally Posted by 5keepers2 View Post
    And make sure to use large enough wire for the run. I would suggest 6 gauge.
    That's what I used and it's the only way to go.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    Is the back layout of the 09 190 Tracker different than the 14? I have a 14 190 and am able to get all 3 batteries in the rear.
    Are running a 2 stroke or 4? Mine is a 2 stroke and the oil reservoir sits in the rear of the compartment which stops me form having the needed room for 3 batteries

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Another option is to also use your cranking battery as part of the setup and stay with a 2 battery 24V system. You have a smaller motor so cranking should not be a problem, and every time you crank up, one battery is charging.
    I run a 135 optimax so not really a large motor but it's decent. I thought about that idea but fear that I will somehow drain both and be stuck somewhere as I fish a lot of river tournaments

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I thought about relocating the staring battery and keeping the TM batteries together. As far as the breaker.. Will it be under the console? Or inline somewhere?

I used the positive connection on the TM battery in the front of the boat and put the breaker on the battery post and attached the positive wire that runs to the TM plug to the other end of the breaker. I ran the negative wire from the TM battery in the rear compartment to the TM plug. Finally, I ran the jumper from the positive terminal on the rear battery to the negative terminal on the front TM battery. Worked great.

14. Member