Banned

Cutting Cable Connection.

Desperately looking to find someone who can mount, setup, and attach a outdoor HD TV antenna in the Greensboro, NC area. It has come time to cut the cable! With the cost of a Cable connection reaching $200/month the wife and I have come to the decision to cut all the service of cable except for internet.

2. Member
    I cannot help with the install as I am too far away. ..but warn you that this may not work out well...I tried this at my home in N.E. Ga. and got almost no channels in any pointed direction of the antenna. I live rural and have a good amount of trees and hills on my property. If this is the case for you...think twice...and make sure the vendor of which you purchase the antenna and other parts from will be willing to allow you to return them if the performance level is not acceptable. Hope this helps!

3. Member
    There are several apps that will analyze your location in relation to TV towers and reception. Free.hu
    Here is one.....

http://otadtv.com/tvtower/index.html

4. Member
    Another option. Cable and Satellite companies offer very basic packages for like $25. Basically antenna channels.

5. Member
    I stream with a Roku and usePlay Station Vue and for $49.99 a month I get all the sports, news, and many other channels and all the major networks except CBS. This is not a problem because the CBS cbannel is very local and good reception on an internal antenna.