Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Maybe a well written letter to JM is in order...I bet it would get attention.
    Or a personal conversation with Mrs. Raynor............RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

2. Member
    I sent an email to Tim Houk this morning. I am trying to be reasonable, and give them every shadow of the doubt before I go up the ladder. I realize things like this take time, but I had 0 contact with ranger the last time, not looking for this to happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    I sent an email to Tim Houk this morning. I am trying to be reasonable, and give them every shadow of the doubt before I go up the ladder. I realize things like this take time, but I had 0 contact with ranger the last time, not looking for this to happen again.
    I hate to tell you nothing has changed at Ranger. I've been dealing with these people for almost 2 years now on 2 new boats!! Probably sent close to 50 emails. Completely unacceptable for the money we shell out for these boats...........In my opinion.

4. Member
    Mike C tried to call me this afternoon, but I was in a meeting. Will try to get up with him again tomorrow.

5. Member
    Ok, talked to Mike C. a little while ago. Apparently the transom is OK, but something inside the boat needs to be shored up to prevent movement in the boat. I'm not really sure what that means. I had also asked about having a new rub rail and fix the stbd rear corner where the fiberglass had crazed, waiting on a quote on that. I really do hope that the issue wasn't the transom, but I can't hardly see how the left rear of the back end dropping and moving can be good. We'll see.

Chris

6. Member
    Ok, talked to Mike C. a little while ago. Apparently the transom is OK, but something inside the boat needs to be shored up to prevent movement in the boat. I'm not really sure what that means. I had also asked about having a new rub rail and fix the stbd rear corner where the fiberglass had crazed, waiting on a quote on that. I really do hope that the issue wasn't the transom, but I can't hardly see how the left rear of the back end dropping and moving can be good. We'll see.

Chris
    Keep us posted Chris on what you hear. Hate that you have to go through this but your boat is in the best place to be fixed. I'm confident Ranger will come through and make this right for you.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

If the transom is flexing - then the transom is flexing! Even if you shore up the inside to prevent it from flexing, couldn't all the abuse from driving on the road and general use have weakened the fiberglass in that area to still make it unsafe?
    2005 Ranger 185DVS

8. Member
    The transom itself is an assembly that is bonded into to the hull and stringers. It's possible that some of this bonding has failed or was not done properly when the transom was replaced the first time.

Good luck.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

9. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

10. Member
    2 months of posts and not enough progress IMO...i was hoping to read pg 5 and your happy ending. Are there any caveats to the lifetime warranty? What if you are the second owner?

Quote Originally Posted by cxp138 View Post
    2 months of posts and not enough progress IMO...i was hoping to read pg 5 and your happy ending. Are there any caveats to the lifetime warranty? What if you are the second owner?
    You don’t understand the work load that the shops are under this time of the year. The rework shop has been full up since last fall and it’s just impossible for them to jump on your boat the day it rolls in. There is a long list of people who think they must be special enough to jump to the front of the line. They do the best they can
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger519VS View Post
    You don’t understand the work load that the shops are under this time of the year. The rework shop has been full up since last fall and it’s just impossible for them to jump on your boat the day it rolls in. There is a long list of people who think they must be special enough to jump to the front of the line. They do the best they can
    If im the service manager and we have a repeat offender in the shop for the same major issue, that boat automatically becomes top priority and moves ahead of every boat in there. Im going to bend over backwards to take care of that customer so they have a good experience during their bad experience of not having their boat
    Ranger R81VS, Mercury 175EFI w/ 25 Tempest

13. Member
    I think there will be people defending Ranger up and until the very last one of them gets that horrible taste in their mouth, when "Ranger quality" isn't Ranger quality. If I'm Chris C, I don't care how long the line is, I expect to go to the front of it. Not because I'm special, but because I've already paid you!! You have All of my money, and I don't have what you promised.
    When Ranger cashed his check, they entered a contract with Chris for the life of that boat. Make good on it, before you enter into future contracts. If the re-work shop is behind, pull folks off the new line to help. Everyone waiting on their new rig has yet to pay for it....sorry...but I think Chris should go to the front of the line. If Skeet Reese's transom cracks...does he go without a boat for 6 months????
    2018 Ranger 521C, 2023 Merc 250 Pro XS 4S (3B261295), 36V Ultrex, 10" Atlas, Power Poles, Lowrance 12 Carbon, and 2-12 Lives.

14. Member
    I haven’t heard back if they are actually working on my boat, but I assume they atleast looked at it since it has been diagnosed. I’ll report back with any contact I receive. I am trying to remain calm and positive, as there really isn’t much I can do but rely on ranger to do what’s right.

15. Member
    Chris, is this the same boat you bought from fritts outdoors? If so I think I met you the day you picked it up...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

16. Member
    Keep us updated.

17. Member
    Yes sir I bought it from Sammy June 2006. Honestly I never thought I would keep a boat this long, but I really like the 521.

18. Member
    Must be something in the water around here.... another local guy with 08 z520 has a busted transom. He called me because I have so much experience in dealing with Ranger LOL.

19. Member
    Talked to mike c. today. They are working on my boat now. Whatever they used to bond the transom to the hull had let go on the sides. They cleaned all of that out and bonded back with a new product they are using. They are fixing some stress cracks exc right now. He said the boat would be done this week or next.

20. Member
    Talked to mike c. today. They are working on my boat now. Whatever they used to bond the transom to the hull had let go on the sides. They cleaned all of that out and bonded back with a new product they are using. They are fixing some stress cracks exc right now. He said the boat would be done this week or next.
    Great news. Hope u get it back quick
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast