Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    Talked to mike c. today. They are working on my boat now. Whatever they used to bond the transom to the hull had let go on the sides. They cleaned all of that out and bonded back with a new product they are using. They are fixing some stress cracks exc right now. He said the boat would be done this week or next.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    If im the service manager and we have a repeat offender in the shop for the same major issue, that boat automatically becomes top priority and moves ahead of every boat in there. Im going to bend over backwards to take care of that customer so they have a good experience during their bad experience of not having their boat
    There must be some priority going on. I dropped a 1 week old (was built and delivered to dealer end of the year, I picked up from the dealer January 5th, dropped off at Ranger Factory January 14th 8am) and they still haven't touched it. Going on 8weeks now. last e-mail from them said to be patient as they are busy??

You'd think also that a brand new top off the line model would also grant some priority also?

3. Member
    Wasnt a priority the first time....I dropped it off at dealer in may and got back in november.

4. Member
    Any updates on the repair(s) Ranger did to your boat?

5. Member
    So, I have talked to Mike C. a few times over the last few weeks. They found that the transom itself was not compromised, but what they bonded it to the hull with did not hold, allowing the hull to flex on the sides. They took it back apart and rebonded the transom with a new material. I also asked them to fix a few stress cracks and one area on the top cap that had crazed, which they did as far as I know. I also asked them to install a new rub rail which I believe they did also. Lastly, I had some bad cracks on my console that I asked them to repair as I thought they were beyond stress cracks in gel. They attempted to fix the console but it was too bad to repair, so they built a new console. The new console came out of the mold with a problem, so they had to build another console, and install it, which ate up some time waiting. I talked to Mike yesterday, the boat is done sitting at Ranger for a ride back this way. Hope to get it soon, will report back on my findings once I actually get the boat in my possession.

Thanks

Chris

6. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chris c View Post
    So, I have talked to Mike C. a few times over the last few weeks. They found that the transom itself was not compromised, but what they bonded it to the hull with did not hold, allowing the hull to flex on the sides. They took it back apart and rebonded the transom with a new material. I also asked them to fix a few stress cracks and one area on the top cap that had crazed, which they did as far as I know. I also asked them to install a new rub rail which I believe they did also. Lastly, I had some bad cracks on my console that I asked them to repair as I thought they were beyond stress cracks in gel. They attempted to fix the console but it was too bad to repair, so they built a new console. The new console came out of the mold with a problem, so they had to build another console, and install it, which ate up some time waiting. I talked to Mike yesterday, the boat is done sitting at Ranger for a ride back this way. Hope to get it soon, will report back on my findings once I actually get the boat in my possession.

Thanks

Chris
    Good deal Chris......................lets let this one drift on down the page..........................RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345