Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Livescope and quickdraw

Does livescope map quickdraw like panoptix down?

You can use LiveScope Down to record QD contours. But, for QD recording LiveScope would perform similar to the PS22. The PS30 is still the most efficient Panoptix model for QD recording, mainly because it is mounted sideways on transom, recording contours perpendicular to the direction boat is moving. The LiveScope is simply not made to mount sideways.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Say i have it mounted to a separate pole mount? Would that work?

Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Say i have it mounted to a separate pole mount? Would that work?
    I ran this by the lead engineer. Simply put, he says LiveScope just isn't engineered with the data/depth collection needed for good, efficient QD recording. For serious QD mapping, the PS30 is the absolute best way to go.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I ran this by the lead engineer. Simply put, he says LiveScope just isn't engineered with the data/depth collection needed for good, efficient QD recording. For serious QD mapping, the PS30 is the absolute best way to go.
    Todd,
    Would you tell us what Garmin equipment your running and how their set up?
    Thx, EB

Quote Originally Posted by emerson biggens View Post
    Todd,
    Would you tell us what Garmin equipment your running and how their set up?
    Thx, EB
    I'm running 4 7610s (2 at bow and 2 at console), Livescope and GT52 on trolling motor, UHD system (GCV20 box and GT34 at transom), and GT8 inhull. Also have a SteadyCast, two 19x external antennas, GXM53 for Sirius radio/weather, a Fusion MSBB300 audio server, and two GTEMP10 temperature sensors for my livewells.

At the bow, one unit is dedicated for LiveScope, while the other is for a mapping/2d split. At the console, one unit for mapping/2d, the other for Side/ClearVu.
    Garmin Pro Team

I'm running 4 7610s (2 at bow and 2 at console), Livescope and GT52 on trolling motor, UHD system (GCV20 box and GT34 at transom), and GT8 inhull. Also have a SteadyCast, two 19x external antennas, GXM53 for Sirius radio/weather, a Fusion MSBB300 audio server, and two GTEMP10 temperature sensors for my livewells.

At the bow, one unit is dedicated for LiveScope, while the other is for a mapping/2d split. At the console, one unit for mapping/2d, the other for Side/ClearVu.
    Perfect set up Todd. A quick cost break down puts you at about 15k retail.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    So which is considered better? Using my PS22 in down Vu or my GT52? It seems like the ps22 would be more efficient, possibly at the cost of precision?

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot2500 View Post
    So which is considered better? Using my PS22 in down Vu or my GT52? It seems like the ps22 would be more efficient, possibly at the cost of precision?
    From the engineer, the GT52 will give a better estimate of the depth, and there would be no efficiency advantages in using the PS22.
    Garmin Pro Team

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    One the EC+ units can you set what transducer to use for QD maps?? I notice mine would change automatically.....for instance on transom i have the GT34UHD/GT15, i would swap around on those two....i did not see in the QD menu where you can set the ducer.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    From the engineer, the GT52 will give a better estimate of the depth, and there would be no efficiency advantages in using the PS22.
    i am surprised at this. I thought the ps22 would work like the ps30 and cover a much larger area.

12. Member
    Todd, i’m curious how much you have paid out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Perfect set up Todd. A quick cost break down puts you at about 15k retail.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    What's your annual income?

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

14. Member
    Is it related?

Quote Originally Posted by ring fry View Post
    What's your annual income?

SE Kansas grass grower

15. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Sure its related......why wouldn't it be???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

16. Member
    Aren't most pro fishermen that are sponsored by any manufacturer provided the electronics at no charge? Isn't that pretty standard?
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

17. Member
    I don’t know. Know almost nothing about pro staff, promotional staff, professional staff and so on, and how they play the game with manufacturers. Can you help explain a little bit? The water is deep!

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Aren't most pro fishermen that are sponsored by any manufacturer provided the electronics at no charge? Isn't that pretty standard?

18. Banned
    Yes most either get a discount or they get them for free. It's deeps how much you really do for the company. I Have a friend who works Lowrance as pro staff and he gets half on his stuff. Some bait or rod companies only give 10%. Just really just depends. Todd has help a lot of people out including me and i have no problem what he gets. He put in his time and worked hard to put himself in that position.

19. Member
    Thanks Allen! I thought my question was not offensive at all but seems it’s a little to some “pro” staff. Anyway, I was just curious, and no answer from Todd probably is the best answer.

20. Member
    Thanks Allen! I thought my question was not offensive at all but seems it’s a little to some “pro” staff. Anyway, I was just curious, and no answer from Todd probably is the best answer.
    I'm not Garmin pro staff but have access to some other pro staff programs through my work. Every one that I've seen has said that you are not to discuss prostaff pricing or benefits with anyone outside of the program...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast