Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I see. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot2500 View Post
    I'm not Garmin pro staff but have access to some other pro staff programs through my work. Every one that I've seen has said that you are not to discuss prostaff pricing or benefits with anyone outside of the program...

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Thanks Allen! I thought my question was not offensive at all but seems it’s a little to some “pro” staff. Anyway, I was just curious, and no answer from Todd probably is the best answer.
    If you are referring to my comment, I am not a pro staffer. I run a golf course. I fish for fun.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BassTracker175 View Post
    Thanks Allen! I thought my question was not offensive at all but seems it’s a little to some “pro” staff. Anyway, I was just curious, and no answer from Todd probably is the best answer.
    Well if it wasn't offensive, why didn't you post what you personal stuff when asked???
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    The first rule of prostaff is you dont talk about prostaff.

5. Member
    If you take my question as a personal one, it’s fine!

But If you ask me how much I paid for my boat, my LiveScope and so on, I would love to share the info with you! I am not bond to any manufacturers or brands so I am free to share, and it’s not illegal!

I think a real issue is the contracts or the binding terms the pro staff have with the manufacturers. Even that, I still don’t see my question as a business secret or the like. We should be able to find it out easily if we are “interested” (such as trying becoming a pro-staff).

Anyway, I’ll stop here. No more replies to this.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Well if it wasn't offensive, why didn't you post what you personal stuff when asked???

6. Member
    [QUOTE=Todd Driscoll;9948650]I'm running 4 7610s (2 at bow and 2 at console), Livescope and GT52 on trolling motor, UHD system (GCV20 box and GT34 at transom), and GT8 inhull. Also have a SteadyCast, two 19x external antennas, GXM53 for Sirius radio/weather, a Fusion MSBB300 audio server, and two GTEMP10 temperature sensors for my livewells.

At the bow, one unit is dedicated for LiveScope, while the other is for a mapping/2d split. At the console, one unit for mapping/2d, the other for Side/ClearVu.[/QUOTE

Todd, I have a question about your GPS...you are running 7610's which refresh at 10hz, is that not the same rate as the 19x external antenna? If so why do both? It is a serious question, not sarcasm.

7. Member
    [QUOTE=azbohunter;9954814]
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I'm running 4 7610s (2 at bow and 2 at console), Livescope and GT52 on trolling motor, UHD system (GCV20 box and GT34 at transom), and GT8 inhull. Also have a SteadyCast, two 19x external antennas, GXM53 for Sirius radio/weather, a Fusion MSBB300 audio server, and two GTEMP10 temperature sensors for my livewells.

At the bow, one unit is dedicated for LiveScope, while the other is for a mapping/2d split. At the console, one unit for mapping/2d, the other for Side/ClearVu.[/QUOTE

Todd, I have a question about your GPS...you are running 7610's which refresh at 10hz, is that not the same rate as the 19x external antenna? If so why do both? It is a serious question, not sarcasm.
    It's about waypoint marking. You want them to be exact as possible where you marked fish, structure, etc, so you want your gps position as close to the transducer as you can be without electrical interference. At the bow it can be a couple feet from where you trolling motor and your graphs are. At the stern, your transducer is on the transom and graphs at the console, so it can be many feet. External gps sensors let you get closer to exact. You also get heading sensors with the external.

8. Member
    [QUOTE=awmcdonald;9956968]
    Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post

It's about waypoint marking. You want them to be exact as possible where you marked fish, structure, etc, so you want your gps position as close to the transducer as you can be without electrical interference. At the bow it can be a couple feet from where you trolling motor and your graphs are. At the stern, your transducer is on the transom and graphs at the console, so it can be many feet. External gps sensors let you get closer to exact. You also get heading sensors with the external.
    Makes sense, thank you awmcdonald...

9. Member
    [QUOTE=Todd Driscoll;9948650]I'm running 4 7610s (2 at bow and 2 at console), Livescope and GT52 on trolling motor, UHD system (GCV20 box and GT34 at transom), and GT8 inhull.

Todd,

IMO, Your deals are your business, period, end of story. Thank you for sharing your setup and being part of BBC.

EB

10. Member
    how come ps22 is less efficient than ps30 for quickdraw? don't they both point to the bottom with multiple beams?

11. Member
    Have you compared the appearance and size of the two? PS22 is less than 1/3 the size of the PS30. PS30 has by my guess, about 60 elements (mentioned in a patent). Just less sonar going on in the PS22.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

12. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    I'm running 4 7610s (2 at bow and 2 at console), Livescope and GT52 on trolling motor, UHD system (GCV20 box and GT34 at transom), and GT8 inhull. Also have a SteadyCast, two 19x external antennas, GXM53 for Sirius radio/weather, a Fusion MSBB300 audio server, and two GTEMP10 temperature sensors for my livewells.

At the bow, one unit is dedicated for LiveScope, while the other is for a mapping/2d split. At the console, one unit for mapping/2d, the other for Side/ClearVu.
    Todd are you running a ultrex trolling motor? And what mount do you have your bow graphs mounted to? Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaytonHaske View Post
    Todd are you running a ultrex trolling motor? And what mount do you have your bow graphs mounted to? Thanks for your time.
    Yes, running an Ultrex. I run a Phoenix 21 PHX. Phoenix offers a stacked and reinforced bow mounting panel straight from the their plant for two "stacked" units using the Garmin-supplied gimbal brackets.
    Garmin Pro Team

14. Kayak fishing most wanted ClaytonHaske's Avatar
    Yes, running an Ultrex. I run a Phoenix 21 PHX. Phoenix offers a stacked and reinforced bow mounting panel straight from the their plant for two "stacked" units using the Garmin-supplied gimbal brackets.
    Thanks for the reply sir, and that's a cool feature from Phoenix.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12