Starting to look like no ice season here...

Starting to look like we won’t have an ice season in Nebraska. If we do it will be short. Second time now we get enough cold to get to about 3-4” of ice only to be followed by highs in the mid 40s and lows around 30 for at least 10 day’s.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

Looks like ours is gonna be shorter here in central Ontario as well. Big lakes are all open, but the smaller ones have 8-12” on them. You can have all our ice if you’d like, I’d much rather be in the boat than a hut any day.
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

3. Member
    give it time its still early. One of the best snowmobiling years we didnt even have ice in the parry sound area even on the back lakes until January.

ive been on the hardwater since november, the early ice came hard and fast, weve just had a bit warmer than normal december...January and february are the real deal breakers on a winter.

Watch we will all be b itching that we want winter to go away when theres still a pile of snow on the ground in april.
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    give it time its still early. One of the best snowmobiling years we didnt even have ice in the parry sound area even on the back lakes until January.

ive been on the hardwater since november, the early ice came hard and fast, weve just had a bit warmer than normal december...January and february are the real deal breakers on a winter.

Watch we will all be b itching that we want winter to go away when theres still a pile of snow on the ground in april.

I’m not waiting till April, I’m bitching now!
    Triton Tr17, Yamaha 130
    Lund Pro V 1900, Optimax 200
    Smokercraft Pro Mag 182, Suzuki DF140
    Helix 9si, 10si mega
    Minnkota Talon, Terrova

i can see april being a pain.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post

Extended forecast for January not looking good. Going out through Mid January still looking like highs in the 40's and lows in upper 20's. Not going to make much ice with those temps.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

Was out Saturday in SE Wisconsin and somehow still had 6.5" but I'm sure that is getting cut down with all this wind and rain. My only hope is that we have a long cold spring that stays cold until early summer.

8. Member
    Winter has really kicked off up north now, the snow has been relentless lately
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

No body will have to wait much longer, here in Central Ia single digit highs and negative lows starting Fri.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

Ohio's winter kicked in last weekend and is suppose to stick around for awhile now.

11. Member
    Thinking most places have ice now. We just need a top up of snow to get on the trails so I can snowmobile in without overheating!
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_man View Post
    Extended forecast for January not looking good. Going out through Mid January still looking like highs in the 40's and lows in upper 20's. Not going to make much ice with those temps.

I was looking forward to getting back home at the end of this month and using all of the ice gear that I bought this fall/winter. As time has went by, it doesn't look like I'm going to get to use any of it. However, the good news is that we should get a longer boat season this year!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

13. Member
    lol this thread did not age well...I havent seen winter like this in Ontario is probably close to 5 years.

Weve almost got 2 feet of ice a few hours north of Toronto and holy cow is the snow deeeeep
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL