Steelwater Gun Safe

Anyone have any experience with Steelwater gun safes? I saw it mentioned here once before and not much info was available. This one has caught my eye https://www.steelwatergunsafes.com/p...ated-hd593924/

I want something in the 30-40 gun size. This is more about protection so the kids don’t get to them more than anything else. I keep going back and forth on something inexpensive with a lock will do to for a few hundred more I can get a nicer one to for a few hundred more than that I can get an even nicer one.

Getting it downstairs “shouldn’t” be too bad. My neighbor owns a heating and cooling company and has an electric stair cart(?) that he said he could get it up the two steps from the garage. From there it is a straight shot down 10-12 stairs into the basement. The way my garage sits, I was thinking I could lay boards down the stairs to help distribute the weight and attach a strap from the safe/cart to the back of my truck or the skidloader and slowly lower it down the stairs.

2. Member
    Subscribed. I too am in the market for a safe and these have caught my eye.
    5 Short of a limit

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EJmagnum186-NH View Post
    Subscribed. I too am in the market for a safe and these have caught my eye.
    perfect! You buy one then come back here and let me know if it’s a piece of junk or not!

4. Member

USA

It looks like a nice safe. Nice fire rating, plenty thick ( 9ga.) lots of bolts, hopefully you can rearrange the inside separations, I like the non-electronic lock but if you can only get an electronic one, so be it. And I would anchor it to the floor so thieves cannot tip it over to use pri-bars on it. There are kits for that. If you have the money it looks like a good safe. As far as what kind of company it is I don't know. Check them out as best you can with the better business bureau and other reviews. If that all looks good, I would pull the trigger.