REMINGTON SAFETY RECALL

In 2016 I sent my serial number in for a possible safety recall. Haven't heard any thing except they received my info. This was on the 700 series rifles. Was wanting to know if this is still on going or got pushed under the rug.

2. Member
    I believe that you can get a new trigger installed. I am sure you can google it.

I'm in the same boat. Heard somewhere that it got squashed by their bankruptcy, but the claim site is still up. Looks different from when I originally filled mine out. Might try it again and see.

http://remingtonfirearmsclassactions.../triggerSelect

4. Member
    I bought a new 700 series last May and was concerned about this also. What I learned from their web site is this: they had a page where you could enter your serial number and it would tell you if your rifle was in the recall. Also, the info said if you had a grooved trigger, it was not in the recall. If you have a smooth trigger, look at the very small bolt release tab in front of your trigger. If it has a punch mark on it it has been fixed. Hope this helps.

I sent one in and it was like forever to get it back. The rest I just bought aftermarket triggers and installed.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I sent one in and it was like forever to get it back. The rest I just bought aftermarket triggers and installed.
    Not too fond of shipping a rifle and wondering if it's coming back. What brand and where did you buy your triggers?