Tokyo Rig Technique

So, I ran across the newest craze to hit the Bass fishing market a few months back. Always ready to try any new techniques, that the fish may not have seen before. I went ahead and ordered the materials that I will need to make my own rigs (Barrel Swivel, Split rings, and Spinnerbait wire that's pre-looped). I'll get my hooks soon but want to see what other fishermen are using for the different size swivels,split rings and hooks. I purchased the #7 swivels and #5 Split Rings. I guess what I am more interested in finding out is basically what the standard size Hook is that most people are using along with their Baits. I am not a big creature bait fisherman per say. I love to Dropshot. I have a lot of different color patterns for craws. A lot of the videos are using a #4/0 hook. I really like the Trapper hooks so I may purchase some of those and try them.

2. Member
    i saw a video where guy made some with those items and used large paperclip for the wire---i made some up and they came out good. cant wait to give em a wirl
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    What length wire are most ppl using for this?? Its basically a beefed up drop shot, the VMC version is only a inch or two long

Retired In-Fisherman writer, Rich Zalesk, talked about this rig a number of years ago. He called it a "Bubba Shot" rig. But, his set up didn't use a wire to hold the weight, just a heavy pound test line.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments