93sv plus and LS Battery power usage question

I am installing this system on my bass boat and have the normal good gel start battery and 2 more for TM.
    For those of you have used the livescope with this system how is the battery drain after a long days usage?
    One person who talked to people at BP and Cabelas said they recommended that he get a battery that was just dedicated for the livescope system. I haven’t heard of that on here and I don’t punch much stock into what sales people actually know. I always heard the system was battery friendly?
    What you guys say that have it??

2. Member
    If thats all your running on a good large battery you should be fine. I run 3 mfds and two panoptix transducers plus other junk. After a long day on the water the battery if pretty tired though. With that said i carry jumper cables to reach to my trolling batteries in an emergency.

One thing i have never understood is how they rate power output on these units. Say its 500watts theres no way it could be consuming even close to that (40 amps) or it would need a 10 gauge wire feeding it. Most garmin stuff comes with like a 3 amp fuse.

3. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Mine was on for 8 hours never fell below 11.5 I do have the group 31 heavy duty batteries from o orielly 1100 cracking amps and 175 res

4. Member
    I also have heavy duty start battery with 1100 cold cranking amps but I have a 200 Optimax (year 2000 ) that has always been a hard drag on battery when starting. I fish Truman lake in Mo. and it’s a large 60,000 acre reservoir and worry a bit about getting stranded. I don’t think jumpers would start the Opti off Trolling Motor batteries. Dont have room in back compartment for a fourth battery ( Triton TR 20 ) is why I am trying to avoid a dedicated battery for the Livescope.

5. Member
    I got a house battery for panoptix and electronics pumps and talon stuff a group 24.
    then a dedicated grp 31 starting...wired 12v perko switch to motor for 1,2 or both so I can charge house battery off motor
    my first tourney after changing from lowrance to garmins and panoptix I noticed a lot more draw on my single battery I was on talon a lot and had live bait...so 2 livewells and bubbler going too I had to idle my opti mid day.

I also have a minnkota dc charger to charge trolling batteries off big motor. so that may have been a factor too.

the switch saved me once too ona tourney. I left bow graph on and because of isolation I could stil crank then while motor idles flip switch to house battery to charge it.

and the grp 24 will start 225 opti in a pinch. not much extra weight either
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

6. Member
    if you must go with just one battery. I would wire in a switch to boost main off trollers ..jumpers and sparks in bilge area not a good idea. and look at even adding a small deep cycle parallel to your starter even a small scooter /atv battery adds amps if space is a huge problem.

thankfully my bilge holds 5 batteries 2 chargers and props easily
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12many View Post
    if you must go with just one battery. I would wire in a switch to boost main off trollers ..jumpers and sparks in bilge area not a good idea. and look at even adding a small deep cycle parallel to your starter even a small scooter /atv battery adds amps if space is a huge problem.

thankfully my bilge holds 5 batteries 2 chargers and props easily
    Thanks for the info, will definitely look into adding a small parallel battery to the start battery. I currently just run a HB 998 off the bow with my console 998 off while fishing and the darn Optimax isn’t happy with that after a few hours. Evidently the Livescope is going to be a bigger draw even. I have tried group 31 and now have a brand new 34 gel in there and it groans when starting cold lol.

I've been running 4 7610s, Panoptix, Fusion audio server, and several other accessories (more complex and power hungry system than most) off a single Odyssey 31M cranking battery for three years with no issues (same battery over the 3 years). During the longest of days with little running around on the outboard to charge the battery, the worst voltage I've seen on the Garmins has been 11.6-11.7 at the bow. Long story short, after running this battery I have simply had no need in considering an extra, dedicated electronics battery, or adding another in parallel.

https://shop.odysseybattery.com/p/31m-pc2150st?pp=12
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    I've been running 4 7610s, Panoptix, Fusion audio server, and several other accessories (more complex and power hungry system than most) off a single Odyssey 31M cranking battery for three years with no issues (same battery over the 3 years). During the longest of days with little running around on the outboard to charge the battery, the worst voltage I've seen on the Garmins has been 11.6-11.7 at the bow. Long story short, after running this battery I have simply had no need in considering an extra, dedicated electronics battery, or adding another in parallel.

Thanks, checked out the link on the Odyessy battery and that thing is a beast. I have heard great reviews on them on other forums also. The $430 is tough but that is one of the most important things on your boat. I definitely will upgrade my start battery even though I just put a $250 Duracell in last summer, it just doesn’t do the job and with me installing Livescope it will be needed.
    Cabelas has a model X-900 31 series that has the identical specs to the Oddesy for $434 I am going to look into and do a little research on. Only reason I would be looking into Cabelas over the Oddesy is that I have about $390 worth of points built up there on my Cabelas credit card.

10. Member

browsing batteries because I know going to need a 31, currently have interstate 27. Saw the odyssey brand....guess they’re pretty good.

11. Member
    +1 I run the same 31M Odyssey battery with multiple units etc., and bottom line, it pays for itself.

12. Member
    If you have room, consider using 2 6v Trojans, T105s
    In series. You end up with a 12v system w 225 ah

13. Member
    250 bucks total

14. Member
    I use a small 35ah agm battery just for my Garmin and Livescope at the bow. I can use it all day, no issues. Run my HB units at console from cranking battery, sleep then when I fish. Before with 3 units on cranking battery it was too.much. I didn't want to be stuck.on the lake. Works for me.

15. Member
    My starting/acc battery is a group 31 AGM...Intimidator from East Penn. I'm running (3) Garmins, livescope, livewell pump, stereo, NMEA network and few other misc accessories. Lots of daylight/dark trips on this setup and have not yet had any issues...knock on wood. The lowest voltage I ever recall seeing was 11.7 and that was a legit 10hr day.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    My starting/acc battery is a group 31 AGM...Intimidator from East Penn. I'm running (3) Garmins, livescope, livewell pump, stereo, NMEA network and few other misc accessories. Lots of daylight/dark trips on this setup and have not yet had any issues...knock on wood. The lowest voltage I ever recall seeing was 11.7 and that was a legit 10hr day.
    i am running same battery as Toby with Panoptix, Livescope, 2-93sv, and hds9 lowrance up front and 998 at console and lowest voltage I see is 11.5v.
    Defintitely recommend the Perko switch To provide a jump off 3-27agms if you need it but I have never needed it. Also recommend the Stealth 1 onboard charging system to keep all batteries charged when running big motor.

A batteries plus x2 31agm has handled my optimal, livewells 4 sonars and one is livescope all day no issues
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089