Fire Extinguisher

Kind of a dumb question but wondering where are you guys are mounting fire extinguishers? In my previous boat it mounted directly under the drivers console. In this new boat there is no good spot under the console that is not directly in the way and/or in a compromised position. My next option is in one of the forward compartments.

I mounted mine directly in front of the seat close to the seat wall. my feet are in front of the extinguisher and it is never in the way.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 Optimax, Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 19P
    Minn Kota 70b Thrust Maxxum
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Lowrance Elite 7 TI (Bow)
    Lowrance HDS7 GEN 3 Touch (Console)
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

3. Banned
    Mine is mounted on seat platform, to the right of drivers seat, between seat & inner wall.

Mine was mounted on the floor tight to the seat wall. In front of the driver seat. As mentioned above, it never was in the way. But on my rebuild. I mounted it in the driver underseat storage well. Lift it seat it’s the first thing you see. But it’s not out to be seen.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Mine was mounted on the floor tight to the seat wall. In front of the driver seat. As mentioned above, it never was in the way. But on my rebuild. I mounted it in the driver underseat storage well. Lift it seat it’s the first thing you see. But it’s not out to be seen.
    Same spot i have mine. It was originally under the console on the right side wall but it was in the way when i did my console mod and added the hotfoot so relocated it. Much better here.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Banned
    Under passenger console

7. Member
    Mine is mounted horizontally on a fiberglass seat pedestal under the drivers seat.
    I recently upgraded to a more robust mount: https://www.amazon.com/Drake-Off-Roa.../dp/B006VFR2LS

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Mine is mounted right under my console, on the floor, just in front of the driver’s seat. Good thing too since I used it to put someone else’s boat fire out 3 weeks ago. I put the new one in the same spot since it was simple to find and get to. I never paid much attention to the placement until that incident. Seeing a boat on fire in the middle of a lake was a scary thing to see!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

I have mounted them under a front deck storage lid. Easy access if needed.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

10. Member
    I ended up mounting it just under my remote throttle control...next to my right leg.

IMG_4517 copy.jpg

11. Member
    Not much room in the RT198 cockpit so I keep mine in front deck storage compartment. I show my partner where it is located before we take off.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post
    I ended up mounting it just under my remote throttle control...next to my right leg.

IMG_4517 copy.jpg

Same place I mounted mine. Kinda sucks, but the storage and mounting locations is limited in the PT190.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tobyfrommo View Post

IMG_4517 copy.jpg
    Thats exactly where mine is and I can tell you it was 2nd nature to reach down and grab it while that boat was on fire. I was going to move it to a less conspicuous place but it just worked too well where it was. Fire and water are a scary mix!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV