Thread: Rub rail

Rub rail

I am in need for some new rub rail for my Tournament V18 Tracker, anyone replaced theirs and where is a good site to order from?

2. Member
    Yep, there is only one source---BPS or a Tracker dealer. The manufacturer makes it specifically for Tracker and they do not sell it or any of their products to the public. I ordered mine from BPS/Tracker Lawrenceville GA and called the manufacturer on the box when I picked mine up just to see and they said not a chance. It is made to fit the extrusion that is made specifically for Tracker. Probably not a stock item anywhere but you may get lucky and find one somewhere that has some left over from a job. Sold in a 50 ft long roll that needs some sun and warm weather to lay flat, and with my military discount and me picking it up at the store it ran about $125 in March 2018. The one on my Tracker was all scarred and scratched up, looks great now but it was a royal PITA to slide it in the track--couple hours per side.

Agree with the above. The company that makes it. Is a subsidiary company for Tracker. I got mine though BPS Rossford OH. (Toledo)

50’ roll with all my discounts (military and more) shipped to my door 130.00

Install wasn’t bad at all. Once I figured that a spray bottle with soapy water, and vice grip pliers to pull with. And someone to push. It when very easy. At the bow, put the screw in. Cut the rub rail off at the back, 4” long. Leave it loose for a few days in the sun and night cool air. It will stretch and shrink on its own, to its comfortable place so to speak. Then cut in off and replace rear screw.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info guys I will be visiting my local BPS this week.

Dang i had no idea it was that exclusive of a product. Thats good to know.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    Glenn, what was the temperature when you did yours? I had read a couple posts from a few years ago that said soaking the material in hot water would make it easier to install, but I think that it made it expand and was binding more. I'm thinking now that winter might be a good time to replace it. I did mine on a warm sunny day after soaking in very hot water. Won't try that again for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ct0218 View Post
    Glenn, what was the temperature when you did yours? I had read a couple posts from a few years ago that said soaking the material in hot water would make it easier to install, but I think that it made it expand and was binding more. I'm thinking now that winter might be a good time to replace it. I did mine on a warm sunny day after soaking in very hot water. Won't try that again for sure.
    Ho no, of course not hot water. Your right it will expand. I going to say 60* . I actually thought at first mine was the wrong size. 5’ into the first one, and barely could move it anymore. Actually it was my wife that came up with the soapy water. After I said I was going to try grease. So I did the unthinkable. And pulled it back out and started over. Spray the rub rail and the gunnel track. And it slid right on.

Al I did to the rub rail is cur the two sides a foot longer then needed. Laid It out straight on the garage floor with a weight on each end over night.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

8. Member
    Great info. I will have to replace mine this year.

The soap and water solution is a great idea. It evaporates away in the sun and leaves no residue oike petroleum products would
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

10. Member
    Thanks for the info. I purchased the rub rail this morning at the BPS in Indiana. I haven't installed yet. I was a bit disappointed with the price 175.00 for fifty foot and they did not give a military discount ! They said they are not part of BPS just their service center. Will let the weather warm up some before the install.

11. Member
    if anyone has a partial roll they wanna sell hit me up with an IM.